1-Up Chests are a special kind of container that appear in Spyro the Dragon. They resemble the purple scales that belong to Spyro.
1-Up Chests can be found in various realms and homeworlds, the first one being found in the hedge maze near Dark Hollow. Each time the chest opens itself, a pair of eyes can be seen looking around before the chest closes shut again, hinting that a creature may reside inside. If broken open, the 1-Up Chests reveal a silver dragon statue inside, which will grant Spyro an extra life if collected.
- 1-Up Chests are later replaced with special butterflies in the future installments of Spyro the Dragon games.
- In the late demo, the 1-Ups inside the chests are golden, but in the final game they are silver.
- In Spyro Reignited Trilogy, the apparent creature inside will grab the bottom edge of the chest with a pair of purple hands.
- Additionally, instead of looking like Spyro, the 1-Ups instead look like the Crystal Statues do in the Reignited Trilogy.
|Spyro the Dragon - Sparx the Dragonfly|
Fairies - Balloonists
Toasty - Doctor Shemp - Blowhard - Metalhead - Jacques - Egg Thieves
|Artisans - Peace Keepers - Magic Crafters - Beast Makers - Dream Weavers - Gnorc Gnexus|
|Stone Hill - Dark Hollow - Town Square - Dry Canyon - Cliff Town - Ice Cavern - Alpine Ridge|
High Caves - Wizard Peak - Terrace Village - Misty Bog - Tree Tops - Dark Passage - Lofty Castle
- Haunted Towers - Gnorc Cove - Twilight Harbour - Gnasty's Loot
|Sunny Flight - Night Flight - Crystal Flight - Wild Flight - Icy Flight|
|Toasty - Doctor Shemp - Blowhard - Metalhead - Jacques - Gnasty Gnorc|
|Dragons - Treasure - Dragon Eggs|