- “The Artisans boss is through a portal in the dragon mouth.”
Argus (アルジェ=グリノマール Aruje in Japanese) is a dragon who is found in the Artisans Homeworld in Spyro the Dragon. He tells Spyro that he must complete one of the Artisan levels before he can enter the portal leading to Toasty, or if the objective had already been met before he was freed, tells Spyro that he can challenge the boss when ready.
In the Spyro Reignited Trilogy, Argus is a poet or a scholar. He now sports a pair of glasses, a ring on his right horn, golden bracelets on both his arms and tail and a purple scarf around his neck. His scales are now very dark blue instead of light blue, with his body shape being rounder. He's seen holding a half-eaten watermelon when released from crystallization.
In the Spyro: Year of the Dragon portion of the Spyro Reignited Trilogy, Argus was one of the adult dragons present when the Dragon Eggs were stolen and enlisted Spyro to go after the thieves to the Forgotten Realms. After the baby dragons were returned, he picks up a burping hatchling that was eating by a watermelon and hugs it, until it burped into Astor‘s face and he puts it down.
As thus, Argus replaced the purple dragon's role from the original game.
- Argus is one of the only dragons in the game and series to have changing dialogue upon being released.
- In the early demos, Argus doesn't exist at all.
- In the late demo Argus's voice and his dialogues are a little different: "The Artisan's boss is through the portal behind me, but you are not yet ready, Spyro. Conquer one of the Artisan's lands first." and "The Artisan's boss is through the portal behind me. You can challenge him now if you feel you are ready."
- In the original game, Argus shares the same character model as Devlin but has a blue color scheme.
- While in the original game of Spyro the Dragon during the final ending, Argus is playing sheepball with Tomas, and he is trying to block Tomas from scoring. In the Reignited Trilogy, the tables have turned as Tomas is now trying to block Argus.
- While in the original game, the purple dragon picks up a random baby dragon to cuddle, Reignited Trilogy depicted Argus picking up a baby dragon that he himself seems to identify with, being the same kind of blue and a little round like Argus and eating a watermelon, which Argus did in the Spyro the Dragon-portion of the game.
|Spyro the Dragon - Sparx the Dragonfly|
Fairies - Balloonists
Toasty - Doctor Shemp - Blowhard - Metalhead - Jacques - Egg Thieves
|Artisans - Peace Keepers - Magic Crafters - Beast Makers - Dream Weavers - Gnorc Gnexus|
|Stone Hill - Dark Hollow - Town Square - Dry Canyon - Cliff Town - Ice Cavern - Alpine Ridge|
High Caves - Wizard Peak - Terrace Village - Misty Bog - Tree Tops - Dark Passage - Lofty Castle
- Haunted Towers - Gnorc Cove - Twilight Harbour - Gnasty's Loot
|Sunny Flight - Night Flight - Crystal Flight - Wild Flight - Icy Flight|
|Toasty - Doctor Shemp - Blowhard - Metalhead - Jacques - Gnasty Gnorc|
|Dragons - Treasure - Dragon Eggs|