|This article is about the character from the first Spyro game. You may be looking for the character from Spyro: A Hero's Tail.|
- “After you free all the dragons, pass through this fancy...vortex, eh, thingamajigger. It'll take ya' back to the Artisan Home. But first lemme tell ya' a story!”
In the Spyro Reignited Trilogy, Astor is a scholar and appears a bit younger than in the original, but still old. He has a necklace and a hat, carries a shepherd's crook, appears to be a light purple, as opposed to grey like the original, and has small spikes on his body.
Gnasty Gnorc's Revenge
At the beginning of the first game in the series, Astor is interviewed by DNN. He seems to forget things too easily. As he can't remember the amount of worlds there are nor the amount of treasure there is. When asked about a certain Gnorc, Lindar appears and begins to say words that mocked and insulted Gnasty Gnorc, calling him simple, "no threat" and ugly! As a result, Astor and the other dragons (but Spyro, possibly due to his small size) were turned into crystal statues. He was later saved by Spyro and Sparx at Stone Hill.
Year of the Dragon
Astor appeared at the beginning of Spyro: Year of the Dragon. Bianca thought he was waking up when she was stealing the last of the dragon eggs from the Dragons, but he was just moving in his sleep. Astor did indeed wake up when he heard Hunter's wail of pain when Bianca stepped onto his tail. In the next scene with the Dragon Elders, Astor is shown trying to pull another dragon (apparently Lindar) out of a hole.
In the Spyro Reignited Trilogy, Astor's role in the opening sequence is reduced to him walking in from the background as Bianca wakes them all, with Lindar filling in his actions. He is still the dragon being seen talking with the Sorceress. When the baby dragons were returned to the Dragon Realms, Astor takes a look at a baby dragon that Argus was holding, only to be burped in the face.
- In the original game, both in the opening scene and in the game, Astor's voice is different on both occasions. The former appearance indicates he's mildly senile, while the latter makes him sound very old.
- His voice during the opening cutscene was eventually given to Damon.
- In the demo, Astor's text dialogue is different than the final version's: "This vortex will take you back to the Artisan Home where you can enter the other Artisan lands. If you want to continue exploring then do not step into the vortex."
- Astor's description of the Return Home portal seems to indicate they didn't exist when he was young.
- His new coloring in the Reignited Trilogy seems to be based on his appearance from the original Spyro: Year of the Dragon, in the intro of the game after celebrating the Year of the Dragon.
|Spyro the Dragon - Sparx the Dragonfly|
Fairies - Balloonists
Toasty - Doctor Shemp - Blowhard - Metalhead - Jacques - Egg Thieves
|Artisans - Peace Keepers - Magic Crafters - Beast Makers - Dream Weavers - Gnorc Gnexus|
|Stone Hill - Dark Hollow - Town Square - Dry Canyon - Cliff Town - Ice Cavern - Alpine Ridge|
High Caves - Wizard Peak - Terrace Village - Misty Bog - Tree Tops - Dark Passage - Lofty Castle
- Haunted Towers - Gnorc Cove - Twilight Harbour - Gnasty's Loot
|Sunny Flight - Night Flight - Crystal Flight - Wild Flight - Icy Flight|
|Toasty - Doctor Shemp - Blowhard - Metalhead - Jacques - Gnasty Gnorc|
|Dragons - Treasure - Dragon Eggs|