|This article is about the world in Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!. You may be looking for its reimagined version in The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon, or the dragon in "Spyro the Dragon", which has a similar-sounding name.|
Avalar (アヴァラー Avarā in Japanese) is a world in the Spyro series that first appeared in Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! and later makes a reappearance in Spyro: Shadow Legacy. Avalar later reappears in Spyro Reignited Trilogy.
Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!
Avalar is the home of Elora, Hunter, the Professor and Zoe. It was threatened by Ripto in Ripto's Rage, but when Ripto was defeated by Spyro, everything returned to normal. Avalar is composed of three major homeworlds:
Each homeworld is adorned with banners showing Ripto's face. Once the boss in each world is defeated, the banners return to their regular blue-green pattern. Because of the situation with the banner, it is unknown how much control had over the realms before Spyro arrived.
Spyro: Shadow Legacy
The homeworlds of Avalar don't appear in Shadow Legacy, but one of its levels made an appearance.
- The world's name is probably a pun/nod to the legendary Avalon.
- In Shadow Legacy, Tree Tops is an area in Avalar, while in Spyro the Dragon, Tree Tops is a level in the Dragon Realms in the Beast Makers homeworld.
- Avalar was to be mentioned in Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly, but was cut.
- Despite the homeworlds based on the four seasons in Ripto's Rage!, there is no homeworld based on Spring.
- It is later revealed in a game design document for Spyro 2 that Summer Forest was originally called Summer Spring Forest.