Beast Makers (ビューティフル ガーデン ホーム Beautiful Garden Home in Japanese) is the fourth homeworld in Spyro the Dragon and Spyro Reignited Trilogy remake of the first game. It is a swampy homeworld, with electrically charged platforms found in various areas activated by Gnorcs.
The dragons native to this region are the Beast Maker dragons, and it is their job to make the animals populating Spyro's world. At least 5 dragon eggs must be collected in order to access this world.
The Beast Maker dragons’ homeworld is a gigantic swamp, with green and black ooze that easily traps any creature smaller than a Beast Maker dragon and suffocates it. Small patches of dry ground harbor wooden huts which serve as homes for the natives, and they are connected by split logs floating in the ooze in between. The horizon is shrouded in an ominous black mist, adding to the eerie feel of the realm. Torches are lit all over to provide lighting. In the middle of the realm is a huge Aztec-like temple with numerous steps.
The Beast Maker dragons are responsible for bringing forth all-new species of creatures living in the world. They choose to live in swamps, in tumble-down wood platforms, on stilts in the mudflats and hollowed-out trees in the thick forests. Here they can find natural claw, roots and other materials to do their work.
The leader of the Beast Maker dragons is Bruno, and he is the first dragon that Spyro frees when he enters the homeworld. He informs Spyro what has become of the Beast Makers homeworld since Gnasty Gnorc froze all the dragons.
- Terrace Village (400 gems, 2 dragons)
- Misty Bog (500 gems, 4 dragons)
- Tree Tops (500 gems, 3 dragons)
- Metalhead (500 gems, 1 dragon) (Boss)
- Wild Flight (Speedway) (300 gems, 0 dragons)
Beast Maker Dragons speak a mix of Cajun and Jamaican accents.
The portals in this homeworld are giant, carved wooden and stone arches and sometimes with tribal patterns.
- In early builds of the game, Beast Makers uses Stone Hill's music, many of the level's sound effects were changed, and the whirlwind that is supposed to spawn at the end of the level is missing.
- In the June 15th Prototype, the word "BOSS" can be seen atop the steep staircase near the end of the level. It's been suggested that this may have been the original location of the Metalhead portal.
- The Beast Makers homeworld was inspired by Kurtz’s compound in Apocalypse Now.
- Spyro the Dragon Instruction Manual, page 17
- Spyro Reignited: 10 facts you need to know about the little purple dragon
Fairies - Balloonists
Toasty - Doctor Shemp - Blowhard - Metalhead - Jacques - Egg Thieves
High Caves - Wizard Peak - Terrace Village - Misty Bog - Tree Tops - Dark Passage - Lofty Castle
- Haunted Towers - Gnorc Cove - Twilight Harbor - Gnasty's Loot