Boars will charge through anything in their path to attack the player. That includes dispatching enemies that get between it and Spyro. This trait is also given to the Hogs in Molten Crater in Spyro: Year of the Dragon.
- When defeated, they make a meek sound similar to the "bawk" of a chicken.
- It is difficult to see, but in the original game, the boars have a tiny pair of red wings on their backs. This may be a pun on the phrase "when pigs fly".
- In the Spyro Reignited Trilogy, the large boars in the Beast Makers realms and the small hogs at Molten Crater share the same character design.
- There is one boar located on the patch of land containing Wild Flight in the Beast Makers homeworld that hides behind a shack. It will ambush the player without warning if they go back there to get the gems. It's the only boar in the game to lay in wait instead of running around aimlessly.
- In the Spyro Reignited Trilogy, boars were originally smaller and resembled their original design as shown in the Reveal Trailer.
- By looking at many vlog sites such as YouTube, some people think those are called Warthogs, like Pumbaa the Warthog from Disney's The Lion King.
|Spyro the Dragon - Sparx the Dragonfly|
Fairies - Balloonists
Toasty - Doctor Shemp - Blowhard - Metalhead - Jacques - Egg Thieves
|Artisans - Peace Keepers - Magic Crafters - Beast Makers - Dream Weavers - Gnorc Gnexus|
|Stone Hill - Dark Hollow - Town Square - Dry Canyon - Cliff Town - Ice Cavern - Alpine Ridge|
High Caves - Wizard Peak - Terrace Village - Misty Bog - Tree Tops - Dark Passage - Lofty Castle
- Haunted Towers - Gnorc Cove - Twilight Harbour - Gnasty's Loot
|Sunny Flight - Night Flight - Crystal Flight - Wild Flight - Icy Flight|
|Toasty - Doctor Shemp - Blowhard - Metalhead - Jacques - Gnasty Gnorc|
|Dragons - Treasure - Dragon Eggs|