Cloud Temples (キンコンテンプル; Kinkon Temple) is a mountainous realm in Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! and in the Reignited Trilogy remaster of the second game. It can be accessed in the Winter Tundra homeworld after collecting 15 Orbs.
A battle between Wizards and Warlocks is taking place here, and Spyro must retrieve the Wizards' wands back from the Warlocks so they can set things right again. There are 23 enemies in this city, of which at least 21 must be defeated in order to get the superfreeze power-up.
A stone ram is seen. It suddenly comes to life, and looks around, before turning back to stone again. It comes back to life once more. The camera goes outward and shows a Wizard and a Warlock, controlling the ram. The Wizard is turning the ram to stone, while the Warlock is turning it back alive. This goes back and forth, before the Warlock, who is irritated at the Wizard, waves his wand and makes the Wizard's staff disappear. He laughs at the Wizard, and brings the ram to life, who chases the Wizard off screen. The Warlock laughs again.
The Warlock is seen waving his hands in front of him. The Wizard, now holding his staff, is smirking at the Warlock, who is begging the Wizard not to do what he is about to. The Wizard mocks the Warlock's laughter, and then waves his wand at the Warlock, who disappears. The camera moves down, and shows a ram with purple skin, meaning the Wizard turned the Warlock into a ram. Suddenly, another ram appears and smiles at the purple ram. A heart appears above its head. The purple ram, knowing what the other ram is thinking, turns and flees, off screen. The other ram raises it's eyebrows at the camera, and chases after the purple ram.
Intro and Closing Video
- Break Down Doors: Defeat the warlocks and rams and meet up with Bartle.
- Ring Tower Bells: Defeat 21 enemies and Spyro will unlock the superfreeze powerup. He then has to ring three bells by freezing burning trolls and charging into the bells.
- Agent Zero's Secret Hideout: Spyro meets Agent Zero, who explains that he has to go to his secret hideout and you aren't allowed to go there. Spyro must hide behind trees to fool Agent Zero and get to the hideout.
|Cloud Temples (Part 1) - Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!||Cloud Temples (Part 2) - Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!|
- This is the only realm in the game to have the superfreeze power-up. It also has the highest spirit particle requirement at 21.
- At the end of the level, when you speak to Bartle a second time, he will say that in order for Spyro to return to his homeworld, he must recite three words, "Klaatu verata, Ni...," making a reference to the famous line originating from the classic science fiction movie The Day The Earth Stood Still (though modern audiences may be more familiar with its appearance - and Ash Williams' flubbing of it - in the Sam Raimi film Army of Darkness).
- In the original game, the actual power-up is a snowball similar to the superflame. In the Reignited Trilogy, it is instead the realm-exclusive ability from Frozen Altars, which, in turn, is similar to Spyro's normal flame breath.
- Cloud Temples is paired with Mystic Marsh. An early name for the realm, found in the code for the demo, was Mystic City, and the latter was to be called Mystic Savannah.
- When Murgen gives you an orb for completing the bell challenge, he refers to the place he got it from as the "Mystic City Gift Shop". This was fixed to say "Cloud Temples Gift Shop" in the Reignited Trilogy.
- The background is the same as the ones in Magma Cone and Canyon Speedway. The only difference is that the volcanoes are not erupting here.