The realm is inhabited by arctic versions of the cavemen from Skelos Badlands (known as Ice Builders), and are ruled by an elder named Chief Shaman Tuk. They had tickets for tonight's Hockey game at Colossus, but the Ice Wizards had frozen them and captured their Elder. Spyro later unfroze them with his Flame Breath, after which they lead Spyro to the Elder and rescued him.
The scene opens showing Chief Shaman Tuk being taken captive by the Ice Wizards and imprisoned. Two Eskimos see this and plan to free him. They go to the side of the prison, and plan to free him from the top. One of the Eskimos gets on the other, and jumps up to the top. Unfortunately, an Ice Wizard at the top, sees the Eskimo, and throws a snowball at him, freezing him solid. The frozen Eskimo then lands atop his partner, not moving.
Three Eskimos are atop the prison, and one of them places a flag down, showing their insignia. He backs up a little too far, and falls down into the snow. One of them laughs at the fallen Eskimo, until the other pushes him off the building, into the snow. The final one, then jumps into the snow, as well. They are all seen with their heads buried in the snow, yelping for help. Chief Shaman Tuk, who witnessed the falls, shakes his head in embarrassment.
Intro and Closing Video
- Shaman Tik informs Spyro about a large cave in Crystal Glacier, which they used to give guided tours, has become infested with giant, ferocious spiders called Draclets. Use the Superfly power-up to fly through the cave and defeat all the Draclets. Shaman Tik will then give you an Orb.
- Shaman Tok has lost his pet snow leopard George. Drop down a hole and Flame fish that come out of ice to get them to the ground for George to eat. After eating 3 or 4 fish George will be tamed and will follow you. Lead him to his master.
- Crystal Glacier is paired with Skelos Badlands. An early name for the realm, found in the code for the demo, was Skelos Glaciers.
- The first Ice Builder that is freed refers to Colossus as Colossus Valley.
- He still refers to the realm as Colossus Valley in the Reignited Trilogy, which may suggest that, considering its landscape, is in fact an extended name for that realm.
- The music in the cutscenes is different from the level's actual theme music.
- This realm has the most enemies in the game at 38.
- The closing scene with the flag being planted might be a reference to the Gnorc planting the Insomniac sign in the intro for Spyro the Dragon.
- The flag planting might also be a reference to the planting of the flag on top of Mount Everest, the tallest mountain in the world.
- After being paid to activate the bridge, Moneybags mentions that he can now purchase a condo in Hurricos that he's wanted for quite some time.
- One could get the impression that the bridge, which is a skeleton of a snake's head, is slightly sentient, as it is seen turning towards Spyro and growling, before connecting to the other side of the gorge. Moneybags will tell Spyro to be careful over there if he is talked to a second time, however, nothing will actually happen if Spyro stays there.
- If you combine the names of two of the Shamans, you'll get the phrase "Tik Tok", which refers to time passing by.
- This is one of three realms in the original trilogy to have "Crystal" in its name. The others are Crystal Flight and Crystal Islands.