The magicians of the islands have stolen some magic from the Sorceress to use for themselves. Unfortunately for them, the magic spells went awry and caused aggravation for the native creatures there along with their environment. If you talk to the wizards after defeating the enemies around them, they will cast magic spells (for a short time) to get you to a new part of the map.
Moneybags can be found here next to an unopened bridge, and you must pay him for expanding it out with his 'magic' of gems.
- Reach the Crystal Tower (Lloyd): Meet The Magnificent Marvello at the end of the realm, and he will give you an egg.
- Whack a Mole (Hank): In Bentley's sub-level, he goes to watch a magic show by The Amazing Randini. However, moles are ruining his magic act. Whack 20 moles with Bentley’s club in under one minute, but don't hit the other Gnome Wizards that will appear randomly!
- Catch the Flying Thief (Max): Unlike other thieves, this one is flying in a plane around the main realm. Use the superfly power-up, along with the blue boost stars, to catch up to the thief and flame him.
- Fly to the Hidden Egg (Grace): Using the superfly power-up, go to the top of the cave entrance and an egg will be there. The key to the locked treasure chest is also there on a fairly tall nearby structure, and you'll lose your power-up after collecting the egg, so make sure to get that first.
- Glide to the Island (Manie): Shortly after jumping the crystal steps created by The Great Zamboni and reaching Zoe, go right to find an island with an egg on it. Simply glide to get there.
- Ride the Slide (Elloise): In this sub-level, you'll find a slippery slide in front of you. Reach the end of the slide without falling off to find an egg.
Achievements & Trophies (Reignited Trilogy)
- Vanishing Act: Defeat all the Crystal Bears.
- PS4: Bronze Trophy
- XBOX One: 20G
- Gnome Wizards
- The Marvelous Magnifico
- The Great Zamboni
- The Fantastic Frederico
- The Astounding Arturo
- The Magnificent Marvello
- The Amazing Randini
- If you manage to use the swim in the air glitch to reach the slide, then exit without getting the egg, the screen will be black and you cannot pause, though you'll still have normal control of the game. After obtaining the egg, just fall off the cliff and the screen will return to normal.
|Crystal Islands (Part 1) - Spyro: Year of the Dragon||Crystal Islands (Part 2) - Spyro: Year of the Dragon|
- It is one of two realms in the game to not have any Rhynocs as enemies. The other is Dino Mines.
- If you say no to Moneybags here, he says he'll turn you into a blue hedgehog. This is a reference to the Sega character Sonic the Hedgehog.
- The slide is the only sub-level in the game to not have any ally or enemy characters (aside from the unused sub-level in Dino Mines), save for a lone turtle fodder at the beginning of the slide.
- In all versions of the game except the Greatest Hits version, this realm shares its theme with Seashell Shore.
- This realm's appearance is similar to Night Flight and Crystal Flight from Spyro the Dragon with its general theme of crystals. In addition, the skybox of this realm looks like a recolored version of the one from Night Flight.
- Using the superfly power-up in the main realm, one can see both sub-levels hidden behind large crystals on opposite sides of the realm. However, it is not possible to enter them this way, as Spyro will simply hit an invisible wall and fall to his death.