Crystal Statues are one of the main collectibles in Spyro the Dragon.
Gnasty Gnorc turned all of the dragons, excluding Spyro, into crystal after they called him 'ugly' and other derogatory terms during an interview with DNN. Spyro then sets out to rescue all of the dragons as well as recover the stolen treasure. The crystal statues can be seen rocking slightly as the dragon trapped inside struggles to free himself.
In order to free the crystallized dragon, Spyro must step onto the statue's pedestal. A bright flash will erupt from it, allowing the imprisoned dragon to break free of his entrapment.
- During the events of Spyro the Dragon, six of the dragons were imprisoned twice. All six of these dragons appear in the levels of Gnorc Gnexus, as it is said that they went to go confront Gnasty after Spyro freed them the first time only to be trapped in crystal a second time. In the original game, four of them feature physical changes for no apparent reason.
- Delbin: Voice change
- Cleetus: Voice change, skin color becomes pale-green (skin change only in NTSC version)
- Cosmos: Voice change, wings become bigger
- Magnus: Voice change, wings become darker, horns change color to brown (horn change only in NTSC version)
- Tomas: Did not suffer any changes
- Lateef: Did not suffer any changes
- Considering that Gnasty Gnorc knows a spell that can turn gems into gnorcs, he probably was able to use gem material to imprison the dragons, meaning that all of the dragons may have been inside the green gem material.
- Trapped dragons can hear everything around them while they are inside their crystal prisons.
- In Spyro Orange: The Cortex Conspiracy, there are three trading cards that feature "Crystalized Dragons" but they only vaguely resemble the artifacts from the first Spyro game.
- In the Reignited Trilogy, the statues now bear a striking resemblence to Ignitus, the Fire Dragon Guardian from The Legend of Spyro trilogy. It is unknown if this was intentional or not.
- If Gnasty Gnorc wins a race in Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled, in his winning animation, he will spot a passing dragon in the sky and fires a spell at them to turn them into a crystal statue. The statue will then fall and squash Gnasty Gnorc flat, angering him.
|Spyro the Dragon - Sparx the Dragonfly|
Fairies - Balloonists
Toasty - Doctor Shemp - Blowhard - Metalhead - Jacques - Egg Thieves
|Artisans - Peace Keepers - Magic Crafters - Beast Makers - Dream Weavers - Gnorc Gnexus|
|Stone Hill - Dark Hollow - Town Square - Dry Canyon - Cliff Town - Ice Cavern - Alpine Ridge|
High Caves - Wizard Peak - Terrace Village - Misty Bog - Tree Tops - Dark Passage - Lofty Castle
- Haunted Towers - Gnorc Cove - Twilight Harbour - Gnasty's Loot
|Sunny Flight - Night Flight - Crystal Flight - Wild Flight - Icy Flight|
|Toasty - Doctor Shemp - Blowhard - Metalhead - Jacques - Gnasty Gnorc|
|Dragons - Treasure - Dragon Eggs|