|This article is about the Dragon Eggs from the original series. You may be looking for dragon eggs from The Legend of Spyro reboot.|
Dragon Eggs are delivered to the Dragon Realms by Fairies every twelve years, and only hatch on the Year of the Dragon; something that is accompanied by a large celebration called the Year of the Dragon Festival. It is unknown where they come from.
Spyro the Dragon
In the original PlayStation game, the eggs are mostly magenta pinkish with spots on them. All twelve eggs are in the hands of Egg Thieves that have stolen them all. Tuco the Balloonist of the Magic Crafters' realm will not allow Spyro passage to the Beast Makers' realm until he has retrieved at least five dragon eggs. Conveniently, seven of the twelve egg thieves can be found in the Magic Crafters' realm.
Spyro: Year of the Dragon
150 Dragon Eggs were brought to the Dragon Realms for the Year of the Dragon. The Sorceress sent Bianca and the Rhynocs to steal the dragons eggs while the dragons were sleeping, making eggs the main collectible in this game.
The eggs have changed in appearance and are now white and gray with purple and pink speckles. In this game, the eggs are either found lying about, or rewarded after completing a task or mini-game.
Egg Thieves are still around and still hold a few of them captive. There are 150 eggs (151 for the twins) to be rescued, the last of which hatches into twins. You can obtain eggs in various places or doing various tasks for the character you are doing them for (difficulty varies between levels).
Spyro: A Hero's Tail
Spyro was asked by Mrs. Shoutfire to find the missing Dragon Eggs that had been stolen once again by Egg Thieves. This time, they were marked with certain patterns. Once you completed a full set, you were given a special prize which was dependent on which set you collected. There are 80 in total to collect.
Spyro: Shadow Legacy
Kaitlin asks Spyro to help find her missing egg. After he finds it, she tells him to find 30 more. Kaitlin teaches Spyro a spell to turn into an egg afterwards. The eggs in this game are light blue with dark blue speckles. There are a total of 34 eggs. There is a glitch which makes you get unlimited eggs and one to be rolling in water.
- Many of the dragons which hatch from the eggs in Spyro: Year of the Dragon are named after famous jazz musicians, such as Dizzy (Dizzy Gillespie), Coltrane (John Coltrane), and Miles (Miles Davis), along with other historical and pop culture references such as Maynard (Maynard G. Krebs) and Sigfried and Roy (Siegfried and Roy). A dragon Jonah is found inside the whale in Evening Lake, based off of the biblical character Jonah.
- In Spyro Reignited Trilogy's Year of the Dragon, the count of dragon eggs appear to be inconsistent with how many are present in the game itself, as the final cutscene "The End" shows an egg that is only just hatching, meaning Spyro must have saved an unhatching egg off-screen or this particular egg never got stolen.
- Spyro: Year of the Dragon Manual, page 6
Fairies - Balloonists
Toasty - Doctor Shemp - Blowhard - Metalhead - Jacques - Egg Thieves
High Caves - Wizard Peak - Terrace Village - Misty Bog - Tree Tops - Dark Passage - Lofty Castle
- Haunted Towers - Gnorc Cove - Twilight Harbor - Gnasty's Loot
Sparx the Dragonfly - Sgt. Byrd - Blink the Mole
Gnasty Gnorc - Ineptune - Mammoth
- Mergatroids - Moneybags - Mrs. Shoutfire - Otto - Peggy - Phil - Professor - Teena - Titan
- Tomas - Trina - Turtle Mother - Wally - Zoe
Dragon Village - Crocovile Swamp - Dragonfly Falls - Coastal Remains - Cloudy Domain - Sunken Ruins
- Frostbite Village - Gloomy Glacier - Ice Citadel - Stormy Beach - Molten Mount - Magma Falls - Dark Mine
- Red's Lab