|This article is about the world in The Legend of Spyro series. You may be looking for the world from the Original series.|
The Dragon Realms is the main universe of The Legend of Spyro series. Only the majority of the land is explored throughout the trilogy, and only a few areas are mentioned.
When the first purple dragon Malefor turned to evil, the world spiraled into chaos. His influence shrouded the world in darkness as his armies threatened the land in his attempts to rule it. For years, the Dragons fought for the realms against Malefor's army of Apes, until the Dragon race lost the war, resulting in their numbers dwindling and the lands becoming overtaken by the Dark Armies.
It was only until the intervention of the current purple dragon Spyro did the war finally turned the tide and the forces of darkness were driven back. However, Malefor resurrected the Destroyer to destroy the world in order to create a new one, and the massive golem succeeded in initating the world's destruction. After Malefor was sealed away in Dawn of the Dragon, Spyro undid Malefor's rule using his power and reconstructed the world, bringing about a new age of peace to the Realms.
In the series' ending, the world is composed of floating islands, but they are slowly pulling themselves back together to reform the planet.
The Dragon Realms, including the four islands that appeared in the first chapter, were taken over by Cynder and put under her rule.
More of the Dragon Realms are explored (one of them mentioned) facing the threat from the resurrection of Malefor and the Night of Eternal Darkness.
Malefor has risen once more, and after his return, the Dragon Realms had been plunged into shadow. The Dragon Realms are at war with Malefor and his dark army, while in the process, more of the land is explored in this third chapter.
- The Valley of Avalar was the only area from the original Spyro games to be reintroduced in The Legend of Spyro trilogy.
- The shattered world at the end of Dawn of the Dragon bears a striking resemblance to Skylands, the main setting of the Skylanders series.
- This confuses fans who aren't familiar with the Skylanders series, as they believe that the reconstructed world of the Dragon Realms is Skylands. This is completely false as Skylanders and The Legend of Spyro series are two completely different franchises, and the longetivity of the two worlds vary very differently. As of Skylanders: Imaginators, it is brought up that Skylands was created by the Ancients with the use of Mind Magic and not a previous cataclysm.
|Spyro - Sparx - Ignitus - Volteer - Terrador - Cyril - Cynder|
|Swamp - Dragon Temple - Dragon Dojo - Dante's Freezer|
- Tall Plains - Munitions Forge - Concurrent Skies - Convexity
|Ape Soldiers - Ape Leaders - Ape Commanders - Frog Weeds - Growths - Bulb Spiders|
- Ape Dummies - Dreadwings - Trolls - Ogres - Troll Horsemen - Assault Turrets
- Armadillos - Rubble Brutes - Ape Cannons - Buffalo Beetles - Magma Worms
- Fire Beetles - Electric Leeches - Crystal Brutes - Conduits
|Fire - Electricity - Ice - Earth - Aether|
|Dragons - Dragonflies - Apes - Spirit Gems|
|Spyro - Sparx - Ignitus - Volteer - Terrador - Cyril - Cynder - Gaul - Chronicler|
|Dragon Temple - Dreamscape - Ancient Grove - Grove Underground|
- Fellmuth Arena - Pirate Fleet - White Isle - Celestial Caves - Mountain of Malefor
|Ape Soldiers - Ape Leaders - Ape Commanders - Toad Weeds - Bulb Spiders - Death Hounds - Dreadwings|
- Grove Worms - Grove Mites - Grove Beasts - Growths - Skavengers - Skurvywings
- Blundertails - Pirate Gunners - Armourdilloes - Stone Trolls - Fire Elementals -
Elemental Crystal Brutes - Crystal Ball Spiders
|Fire - Electricity - Ice - Earth - Aether|
|Dragons - Apes - Spirit Gems - Scriber's Quills - Dragon Relics - Dragon Challenges|
|The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night Promotional Movies|
|Spyro - Sparx - Cynder - Hunter - Malefor - Ignitus - Volteer - Terrador - Cyril - Chronicler|
|Catacombs - Twilight Falls - Valley of Avalar - Warfang - Ruins of Warfang - Attack of the Golem|
The Dam - Burned Lands - Floating Islands - Malefor's Lair
|Grublins - Grublin Flies -Hero Grublins - Orcs - Hero Orcs -|
Trolls - Bowman Orcs - Wyverns - Shadow Apes
|Fire - Electricity - Ice - Earth - Aether - Poison - Fear - Wind - Shadow|
|Dragons - Grublins - Spirit Gems - Armor - Green Chains - Elite Enemies|