The Dragon Village is a realm in the Dragon Kingdom which mainly serves as the "Tutorial Level" in Spyro: A Hero's Tail. It is basically an Eastern European looking village in the hills. It includes the Dragon nursery, Moneybags' main shop and the Professor's lab.
The Dragon Elder, Tomas, teaches Spyro how to destroy the dark gems by using horn dive. Sgt. Byrd's Island Speedway is in Dragon Village. It later makes a reappearance in Spyro: Shadow Legacy, but in a different style.
Spyro: A Hero's Tail
After buying a lock-pick from Moneybags, Spyro and Sparx went off on a quest to defeat Red. Along the way, Spyro was zapped by Zoe, flirted by Ember, and learned how to Horn Dive from Tomas and many more.
Spyro: Shadow Legacy
The residents of the Dragon Village have been pulled into the Shadow Realm caused by the Calamity. After Spyro saved them all, he is tasked by Old One Horn into opening the village gate that keep the villagers safe, and is given a Relic in return.
Guide (A Hero's Tail)
- Ember: Halfway through the path Hunter sends you on.
- Sgt. Byrd: Complete Island Speedway in Easy Mode.
- Flame: After destroying the Dark Gem on the ledge in the area with Sgt. Byrd, a hidden room will appear. The egg is inside.
- Blink: In the area with Sgt. Byrd, there is a smashable wall. Follow the tunnel behind it to find yourself in a hidden location with two Gnorc Archers. The egg is hidden near the entrance to a sewer.
- Character Viewer: In a chest in the area with the Ball Gadget.
- Flame: Behind Flame in the entrance to Gnasty's Cave. Requires 10 Dark Gems destroyed.
Dark Gem Locations
- In Tomas' chamber
- In front of Ember near the tunnel to the Crocovile Swamp
- On a ledge near Sgt. Byrd
Light Gem Locations
- In the Nursery, after speaking to Mrs. Shoutfire.
- Complete Island Speedway in Hard Mode.
- In a chest on a ledge in the first area near Zoe. Requires Double Jump.
- In a room in the area with Sgt. Byrd. Press the switch, then quickly hop onto the rasing platforms and make it to the room next to a Firework.
- In the area with Sgt. Byrd, there is a smashable wall. Follow the tunnel behind it to find yourself in a hidden location with two Gnorc Archers. Enter the building to the right and you'll spot a Light Gem, floating over the secret entrance to the Professor's Lab.
- In a chest in the tunnel to the Crocovile Swamp.
- Sgt. James Byrd: Island Speedway
- Ball Gadget: Takes you to Dragonfly Falls once you have at least 8 Light Gems
|Dragon Village (Part 1) - Spyro: A Hero's Tail||Dragon Village (Part 2) - Spyro: A Hero's Tail|
|Spyro the Dragon - Hunter the Cheetah|
Sparx the Dragonfly - Sgt. James Byrd - Blink the Mole
|Red (Mecha Form)|
Gnasty Gnorc - Ineptune - Mammoth
|Amp - Aqua - Astor - Bentley the Yeti - Ember - Flame - Fredneck - Freezia - Ice Princess - Lily - Magnus|
- Mergatroids - Moneybags - Mother Turtle - Mrs. Shoutfire - Otto - Peggy - Phil - Professor - Teena - Titan
- Tomas - Trina - Wally - Zoe
|Dragon Kingdom - Lost Cities - Icy Wilderness - Volcanic Isle|
Dragon Village - Crocovile Swamp - Dragonfly Falls - Coastal Remains - Cloudy Domain - Sunken Ruins
- Frostbite Village - Gloomy Glacier - Ice Citadel - Stormy Beach - Molten Mount - Magma Falls - Dark Mine
- Red's Lab
|Gnasty's Cave - Watery Tomb - Red's Chamber - Red's Lair|
|Island Speedway - Cloudy Speedway - Iceberg Aerobatics - Lava Palaver|
|Gems - Dark Gems - Light Gems - Dragon Eggs|