- “Look at this Dark Gem, it's pulsating with evilness. Still it would look nice on an engagement ring, don't you think, Spyro?”
Ember is a small pink dragon who first appeared in Spyro: A Hero's Tail, at the time of Red's attack on the Dragon Realms. She is notable to have had a crush on Spyro in her debut, before falling in love with Bandit the Armadillo in Spyro: Shadow Legacy.
Ember is a small pink dragoness with a gold necklace in the shape of a heart and bearing a red gem in the center. She has light pink wings, large blue eyes, and a heart at the tip of her tail. She has a purple frill and horns that slightly resemble Spyro's.
Not much is known about Ember or her past, but what is known is that she has taken a romantic interest in Spyro, and even suggests using a Dark Gem for an engagement ring (she also asked if it was possible to smash the gem into heart-shaped pieces). She wouldn't stop bothering Spyro until he and Ember were married. She later fell in love with Bandit the Armadillo in Shadow Legacy.
Spyro: A Hero's Tail
Spyro encountered Ember during the attack on the Dragon Realms by the former Dragon Elder, Red, where she initially showed interest in the purple hero. She suggested the Dark Gem she was standing next to would look nice on an engagement ring before eagerly telling Spyro to destroy the Dark Gem, and remarked that she'll know he'll do it because he liked her.
After the Dark Gem was destroyed, and the bridge connected to the passage to Crocovile Swamp was restored, Ember told Spyro to not take the bridge to the Swamp, fearing that she wouldn't see him again. She isn't seen again afterwards for the remainder of the game, but her character model can be unlocked for viewing as well as gameplay.
Spyro: Shadow Legacy
Ember appeared as one of the captive residents in the Dragon Village when the Shadow Realm struck. She still showed interest in Spyro, until Bandit the Armadillo laid eyes on her, instantly falling in love. Spyro did a favor for a love-stricken Bandit by delivering Ember a love letter, and in turn, she fell in love with Bandit. She mentioned about going to Cliff Town to see Bandit herself, but knew she will get in trouble if she went there.
When Ember first made her appearance in the series, she displays a fanatical crush on Spyro; even so much that she believes they are destined to be married. She doesn't realize that Spyro only likes her as a friend, and is put off by her doting behavior. Ember even worries about Spyro's safety when he was about to go to Crocovile Swamp, and doesn't want to lose him.
Bandit the Armadillo
After being saved by Spyro from the Shadow Realm, Ember encounters Bandit the Armadillo, who arrived to the Dragon Village to give the dragons a peace offering on behalf of the Armadillos to prove that they were harmless. At the time, Ember becomes unaware that Bandit had fallen in love with her at first sight. When Spyro gives her Bandit's love letter, the pink dragon is surprised and asks Spyro, "Can you tell Bandit...Yes..?"
Afterwards, Ember mentions that Bandit 'is so dreamy' and squeals at the thought of him, but knows she will get in trouble if she visits Cliff Town where Bandit lives. It is evident that she has now fallen in love with Bandit, and no longer has a crush on Spyro.
- Ember was originally planned to appear in Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly as a form of turret for Spyro during minigames and was even planned to have her solve her own set of puzzles. She was soon scrapped when gameplay development kept changing, as the team couldn't find a reason for her to exist, and Sparx was already set as a form of turret for Spyro.
- She made a cameo in The Cortex Conspiracy. She appears on a trading card in the game, but in a somewhat different color.
- When Ember says "Don't take that bridge to the swamp, Spyro. If you do, I might never see you again," this references that she will not be seen again during the story. However, she can be unlocked as a skin character after the player collects all of the flower eggs.
- Her behavior makes her comparable to Amy Rose of the Sonic the Hedgehog series, since Amy also has an unreciprocated love for the series' main hero. It is debatable whether Amy Rose's love is unreciprocated or not according to different canons and games; however, according to the main canon, it is.
|Spyro the Dragon - Hunter the Cheetah|
Sparx the Dragonfly - Sgt. James Byrd - Blink the Mole
|Red (Mecha Form)|
Gnasty Gnorc - Ineptune - Mammoth
|Amp - Aqua - Astor - Bentley the Yeti - Ember - Flame - Fredneck - Freezia - Ice Princess - Lily - Magnus|
- Mergatroids - Moneybags - Mother Turtle - Mrs. Shoutfire - Otto - Peggy - Phil - Professor - Teena - Titan
- Tomas - Trina - Wally - Zoe
|Dragon Kingdom - Lost Cities - Icy Wilderness - Volcanic Isle|
Dragon Village - Crocovile Swamp - Dragonfly Falls - Coastal Remains - Cloudy Domain - Sunken Ruins
- Frostbite Village - Gloomy Glacier - Ice Citadel - Stormy Beach - Molten Mount - Magma Falls - Dark Mine
- Red's Lab
|Gnasty's Cave - Watery Tomb - Red's Chamber - Red's Lair|
|Island Speedway - Cloudy Speedway - Iceberg Aerobatics - Lava Palaver|
|Gems - Dark Gems - Light Gems - Dragon Eggs|