Fairies are creatures who are frequently seen throughout the original Spyro the Dragon series. They often help out Spyro by saving his progress (most famously Zoe) and performing other various actions.
In Spyro the Dragon, certain Fairies grant Spyro superflame when they kiss him.
Fairies can grant magical abilities and their wand zaps serve as checkpoints. However they are vulnerable to dark magic, which acts as radioactivity to Fairies.
- Saving his progress - The Save Fairy
- Saving him from steep falls (Only in High Caves) - Rescue Fairies.
- Giving him Superflame powerups by kissing him (As seen in Haunted Towers and High Caves) - Superflame Fairies.
- Activating Whirlwinds (Only in Lofty Castle) - Whirlwind Fairies.
- Pointing Spyro in the right direction (Crystal Flight and Misty Bog) - Pointer Fairies.
In this game, the fairies help Spyro search for the eggs and:
- Zoe will save his progress.
- The Charmed Ridge fairy community will help you along the way to save Princess Ami from the Cat Wizards.
- Princess Ami will give Spyro an egg if he keeps her secret.
- Isabelle will award Sgt. Byrd an egg for helping her.
- A special ice fairy will temporarily grant Spyro the ability to breathe ice in Frozen Altars.
Each fairy's in-game sprite colours are based off the four seasons (Autumn, Winter, Spring and Summer).
Trina serves as the tutorial fairy in the game.
Fairies make an appearance in Skylanders series. They had been friends with the Skylanders, possibly because fairies can turn treasure into upgrade magic that gives the Skylanders new abilities, powers, and also fresh breath.
- A Save Fairy might be one of Zoe's friends who removed the Orbs from the Super Portal in Winter Tundra in the Reignited Trilogy.
- In the original Ripto's Rage!, Zoe mistakenly appears twice in said sequence. One of the Zoes were likely meant to be this fairy.
|Spyro the Dragon - Sparx the Dragonfly|
Fairies - Balloonists
Toasty - Doctor Shemp - Blowhard - Metalhead - Jacques - Egg Thieves
|Artisans - Peace Keepers - Magic Crafters - Beast Makers - Dream Weavers - Gnorc Gnexus|
|Stone Hill - Dark Hollow - Town Square - Dry Canyon - Cliff Town - Ice Cavern - Alpine Ridge|
High Caves - Wizard Peak - Terrace Village - Misty Bog - Tree Tops - Dark Passage - Lofty Castle
- Haunted Towers - Gnorc Cove - Twilight Harbour - Gnasty's Loot
|Sunny Flight - Night Flight - Crystal Flight - Wild Flight - Icy Flight|
|Toasty - Doctor Shemp - Blowhard - Metalhead - Jacques - Gnasty Gnorc|
|Dragons - Treasure - Dragon Eggs|
|Spyro the Dragon - Sparx|
|Hunter - Zoe - Bianca - Moneybags - Professor|
|Autumn Fairy Home - Winter Fairy Home - Spring Fairy Home - Summer Fairy Home|
Market Mesa - Lava Prairie - Mermaid Coast - Hummingbird Fort - Panda Gardens - Honey Marsh
Time Machine Lab - Roman City - Twilight Bulb Factory - Dusty Trails - Star Park - Grendor's Lair
|Stone Age Speedway - Ice Age Speedway - Aqua Age Speedway - Space Age Speedway|
|Ant Farm - Wasp City - Caterpillar Gardens - Beetle Burrows|
|Fairies - Rhynocs -Gems|
|Spyro the Dragon - Hunter the Cheetah|
Sparx the Dragonfly - Sgt. James Byrd - Blink the Mole
|Red (Mecha Form)|
Gnasty Gnorc - Ineptune - Mammoth
|Amp - Aqua - Astor - Bentley the Yeti - Ember - Flame - Fredneck - Freezia - Ice Princess - Lily - Magnus|
- Mergatroids - Moneybags - Mrs. Shoutfire - Otto - Peggy - Phil - Professor - Teena - Titan
- Tomas - Trina - Turtle Mother - Wally - Zoe
|Dragon Kingdom - Lost Cities - Icy Wilderness - Volcanic Isle|
Dragon Village - Crocovile Swamp - Dragonfly Falls - Coastal Remains - Cloudy Domain - Sunken Ruins
- Frostbite Village - Gloomy Glacier - Ice Citadel - Stormy Beach - Molten Mount - Magma Falls - Dark Mine
- Red's Lab
|Gnasty's Cave - Watery Tomb - Red's Chamber - Red's Lair|
|Island Speedway - Cloudy Speedway - Iceberg Aerobatics - Lava Palaver|
|Gems - Dark Gems - Light Gems - Dragon Eggs|