The symbol of fear has two different designs. In the console versions, it looks like Cynder's head colored ruby red. The eyes are squinting, giving others a glare to strike fear into their hearts. However, in the handheld version, it looks like a Ruby red skull with a black background.
- Siren Scream: Cynder can unleash her fear element as a scream. The red rays hit enemies and petrify them with fear. The sound is also loud enough to activate tuning forks.
- Blaring Siren Scream
- Piercing Siren Scream
- Phantom Fright: Cynder can release her fear element as ghastly orbs that, when near enemies, swirl around them, stun them and explode with concussive force.
- Stunning Phantom Fright
- Paralyzing Phantom Fright
The noticeable effect of fear is when the magic is used, its power can petrify foes and turn on special machinery like tune forks.
- Part of the inspiration for Cynder's Fear element originated from the developers looking into various popular fantasy books – such as Dragon Lance. In the book series, dragons give off Dragon Fear, which frightens anyone in the vicinity to near paralysis. There are a lot of really interesting magical abilities that some of the darker dragons have, not just in that series, but in many fantasy books that deal with dragons.
- According to lead concept artist Jared Pullen, dragons of the Poison, Shadow and Fear elements exist, but the elements come from a different, darker entity instead of the light entity that created the other elements (Fire, Electricity, Ice, Earth and Wind).
|Spyro - Sparx - Cynder - Hunter - Malefor - Ignitus - Volteer - Terrador - Cyril - Chronicler|
|Catacombs - Twilight Falls - Valley of Avalar - Warfang - Ruins of Warfang - Attack of the Golem|
The Dam - Burned Lands - Floating Islands - Malefor's Lair
|Grublins - Grublin Flies -Hero Grublins - Orcs - Hero Orcs -|
Trolls - Bowman Orcs - Wyverns - Shadow Apes
|Fire - Electricity - Ice - Earth - Aether - Poison - Fear - Wind - Shadow|
|Dragons - Grublins - Spirit Gems - Armor - Green Chains - Elite Enemies|