|This article is about the element from The Legend of Spyro series. You may be looking for the breath attack from the Classic series or the element from the Skylanders series.|
- “Clear your mind Spyro, and feel the fire that flows through your veins. Allow its heat to consume you, and breathe with it. Now, rise up and release the firestorm within you!”
- —The Chronicler
Fire is one of the four main elements used by Spyro in The Legend of Spyro series. Unlike the fire ability in the Classic series, this breath attack was re-imagined to allow primary and secondary elemental abilities. Ignitus is an elder dragon who is the Guardian of Fire.
Fire is a form of light, heat, comfort, and even destruction; a primal force of nature. In the darker places of The Legend of Spyro, the Fire element burned its brightest, and this was true for all the elemental effects. It is governed by focused control over breathing and expressed by exhalation. While this ability is active, a Fire Dragon's horns, tail and wings would trail tendrils of gleaming sheaths of flame as they moved through an assault for more devastating attacks.
Due to fear of his brother Sparx in danger and being killed, Spyro obtained his first use of the Fire Element. With lack of experience, Spyro would simply breathe flames (much like his past uses). Until training with Ignitus, Spyro learned how to shoot 'Fire Bombs', which were extending the flame breath in a small, concentrated form that would explode once it hit enemies. Using an extreme amount of energy, Fire fury would lift Spyro up until being enveloped by a line of red/orange energy until it was exploded into a larger 'bomb'. Unlike most elements, the Fire abilities would shoot or rain explosive, magma spheres once upgraded.
By re-awakening his dormant Fire element through his dream, Spyro kept his signiture flame breath but now as his new training by the Chronicler emerged, he would execute new abilities and forms of "fury". His secondary attack was Comet Dash, where he would spin around to home into his enemies like a missile while covered in pure, fire energy. His new Fire fury was similar to his previous one, but instead of the embers falling, Spyro has them circling around him until they fling up and aim at enemies like comets. Against certain enemies and especially bosses, Spyro instead spits out a flame that functions like a missile which could be charged indefinately.
Even though his fury was stripped permanently, Spyro's past Fire breath and Comet Dash can now both be upgraded a few times until fullest potential. This makes it the first reawakened element with lack of strength and versatility, unlike the others he had.
- Starting Breath: Spyro breathes a small, fairly weak flame that will fizzle out if held for three seconds.
- Fire Blast of the Blazing Skies: The flame becomes larger and can now be retained for as long as there is energy. But now, after three seconds the flames will weaken.
- Fire Blast of the Scorched Earth: The initial blast becomes even larger with a longer reach, and as an aesthetic effect, the ground burns as well.
- Dragsooth's Fire Blast of the Eternal Inferno: The initial blast becomes even larger and more powerful, and the range of the attack can reach further beyond the user's body range.
- Starting Blast: Spyro shoots a short-ranged fireball that does moderate damage.
- Fire Bomb of Smoke and Flame: The fireball becomes more powerful with a wider range, and the impact creates a shockwave.
- Fire Bomb of Melting Magma: The attack now has a slightly bigger range with a larger sized fireball. The blast radius and shockwave are now bigger.
- Malak's Fire Bomb of the Burning Plains: The size of the fireball increases, as does its range, blast radius, and shockwave. It also now explodes into many smaller fireballs that deal additional damage.
- Starting Fury: Spyro creates a powerful and explosive wall of fire that does great damage.
- Fury of Ishlandur's Final Stand: Explosive fireballs rain down for a few seconds before the blast, and after the blast, several more fireballs rain down in every direction for a few seconds. This is unlocked by obtaining Dragsooth's Fire Blast of the Eternal Inferno and Malak's Fire Bomb of the Burning Plains.
- Dragon Fire: Allows you to breathe Dragon Fire that burns your target.
- Blazing Dragon Fire: Allows you to breathe Dragon Fire that burns your target, doing greater damage.
- Scorching Dragon Fire: Allows you to breathe Dragon Fire that burns your target, doing more damage, and spreading from one enemy to another.
- Comet Dash: Surrounds Spyro in flams as he charges into his enemies.
- Blazing Comet Dash: Surrounds Spyro in flams as he charges into his enemies, doing more damage.
- Scorching Comet Dash: Surrounds Spyro in flams as he charges into his enemies, doing greater damage. Fire also spreads from one enemy to another.
- The element of Fire was the first element both Spyro and Malefor mastered.
- Previous dragons who mastered Fire are mentioned in the final upgrades in A New Beginning and The Eternal Night, named Dragsooth, Malak, Ishlandur and Berylsythe.
|Spyro - Sparx - Ignitus - Volteer - Terrador - Cyril - Cynder|
|Swamp - Dragon Temple - Dragon Dojo - Dante's Freezer (First Flight)|
Tall Plains - Munitions Forge - Concurrent Skies - Convexity
|Ape Soldiers - Ape Leaders - Ape Commanders - Disciples (DS) - Ape Gunners - Ape Cannons|
Frog Weeds - Growths - Bulb Spiders - Ape Dummies - Dreadwings - Trolls - Ogres - Troll Horsemen
Spider Tanks (DS) - Angler Fish (DS) - Armardillos - Rubble Brutes
Buffalo Beetles - Magma Worms - Fire Beetles - Electric Leeches - Nataloids (DS) - Crystal Brutes - Conduits
|Fire - Electricity - Ice - Earth - Aether|
|Dragons - Dragonflies - Apes - Spirit Gems|
|Spyro - Sparx - Ignitus - Volteer - Terrador - Cyril - Cynder - Gaul - Chronicler|
|Dragon Temple - Dreamscape - Ancient Grove - Grove Underground|
Fellmuth Arena - Pirate Fleet - White Isle - Celestial Caves - Mountain of Malefor
|Ape Soldiers - Ape Leaders - Ape Commanders - Toad Weeds - Bulb Spiders - Death Hounds - Dreadwings|
Grove Worms - Grove Mites - Grove Beasts - Growths - Skavengers - Skurvywings
Blundertails - Pirate Gunners - Armourdilloes - Stone Trolls - Fire Elementals
Elemental Crystal Brutes - Crystal Ball Spiders
|Fire - Electricity - Ice - Earth - Aether|
|Dragons - Apes - Spirit Gems - Scriber's Quills - Dragon Relics - Dragon Challenges|
|The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night Promotional Movies|
|Spyro - Sparx - Cynder - Hunter - Malefor - Ignitus - Volteer - Terrador - Cyril - Chronicler|
|Catacombs - Twilight Falls - Valley of Avalar - Warfang - Ruins of Warfang - Attack of the Golem|
The Dam - Burned Lands - Floating Islands - Malefor's Lair
|Grublins - Grublin Flies -Hero Grublins - Orcs - Hero Orcs -|
Trolls - Bowman Orcs - Wyverns - Shadow Apes
|Fire - Electricity - Ice - Earth - Aether - Poison - Fear - Wind - Shadow|
|Dragons - Grublins - Spirit Gems - Armor - Snake Collars - Elite Enemies|