The realm is based on Chinese-Japanese themed architect, with many brick towers surrounding the area and lava flowing throughout. Handel and Greta are attempting to destroy a rocket that the Sorceress is building here. Spyro must fight his way through hordes of Ninja Rhynocs to destroy the rocket and save an egg from going into orbit.
After the Sorceress' initial defeat, Hunter and Bianca had fallen in love and came here to see a fireworks show put on by Sgt. Byrd, kissing under the full moon. Spyro and Sparx discovered them and decided to look for the remaining dragon eggs on their own, but Elora comes in and convinces Spyro to at least stay a little and enjoy the show.
- Destroy the Wocket (Grady): Given to you by Greta at the end of the realm, after the rocket has been launched.
- Hidden in an Alcove (Noodles): Located in a small cave to the right of the first bridge. Glide over the lava to get to it.
- Bad Dragon! (Evan): In this sub-level, two Fire Dragons have appeared to challenge Spyro. Handel suggests to use the combo Superflame/Superfly power-up gate to aid in the battle. Defeat both of the Fire Dragons to get this egg.
- If a Fire Dragon is left alone for a while, its health will start to regenerate. The best way to defeat them is to focus on defeating just one, before moving on to the next.
- Ninja HQ (Sam): In this other sub-level, Handel finds an egg on a high ledge, and tells Spyro that the only way to get to it is to take the long route, which has many Ninjas and Bomb Rhynocs. Simply put, reach the end of the route to get this egg.
- You're Doomed! (Patty): In Agent 9's sub-level, Handel greets him with a challenge: defeat "...some pwetty scary ninjas!". Make your way through the various rooms in this area while fending off Ninja Rhynocs until you find this egg.
- You're Still Doomed! (Donovan): After collecting the first egg in Agent 9's sub-level, Handel gets into trouble and gets tied to a live rocket by a Bomb Rhynoc. Make your way back to the start, defeating even more Ninja Rhynocs, to save Handel so he can give you another egg.
- In Agent 9's sub-level, there is a hidden power-up for his laser blaster. In the first room of Ninja Rhynocs, there is a red switch on the ceiling towards the door to the next room. Shooting it will drop a laser gun to collect, and a skill point will be rewarded. This power-up will turn the laser blaster into a fully-automatic weapon with 500 rounds, which can be helpful in clearing our hoards of enemies.
Achievements & Trophies (Reignited Trilogy)
- Twin Dragon Destruction: Defeat Twin Dragons (Boss)
- PS4: Bronze Trophy
- XBOX One: 20G
|Fireworks Factory (Part 1) - Spyro: Year of the Dragon||Fireworks Factory (Part 2) - Spyro: Year of the Dragon|
|Fireworks Factory (Agent 9) - Spyro: Year of the Dragon|
- The cutscene at the end of the realm that features Greta fighting the ninjas is a reference to the slow-motion combat scenes from the popular action-movie series, The Matrix.
- At end of the realm where Greta defeats the ninjas, the player can defeat them by using the small rockets further back in the stage. When the cutscene begins, it will play out as if ninjas were still there, causing Greta to attack nothing.
- It is also possible that the ninja equipped with a gun will accidentally shoot the other ninjas to death.
- This realm is also the location for the "final" cutscene of the game, as well as both the title and "Game Over" screen in the original version.
- The background for the "Game Over" screen is actually a pre-rendered 2D image, with Spyro flying in and landing on the top ledge afterwards.
- When Agent 9's challenge begins, it will be in a first person shooter mode, and two eggs are available. When reading the Atlas, the eggs in question will be referred to under the "You're doomed!" and "You're still doomed!" message hints. This is a reference to the landmark first person shooter game Doom.
- This is one of only two realms that Spyro can use Missile Breath. The other is Gulp's Overlook.
- If Spyro returns to Fireworks Factory after completing it, Greta is nowhere to be found, but Handel remains in the sub-levels.
- This is one of the few realms in the series to contain a combo power-up gate. The others are Super Bonus Round and Metropolis.
- There are two tall towers in this realm that can be reached without a game hack. In order to reach the towers, the first thing to do is to make a left turn at the end of the realm. Then Spyro will be able to reach the top of a wall, which should be in sight from there. The final step is to walk all the way to the end of the wall before gliding to the nearest of the two towers.
- There is a secret room near the beginning of the realm that was supposedly meant to have a breakable wall, but was cut. It features an extra life, and is only accessible through hacking or a glitch.