- “Let the Flames Begin!”
- —Flameslinger's official catchphrase
Flameslinger is an elf who has the impression of being a show-off, having put on a blindfold to prove that he is an excellent archer with incredible aim. Despite this cocky image, he does possess a good heart, having saved a fire spirit from a watery fate when he was young.
Flameslinger is an Elven archer with incredible aim. In fact, he is so good that he wears a blindfold just to prove it. When he was young, he rescued a fire spirit from a watery doom and was gifted an enchanted bow and magical fire boots that he now masterfully uses to defeat evil throughout Skylands. With the scorched earth he leaves behind, you can always tell where he has been.
Elves are often said to have a sparkle in their eyes, but Flameslinger was born with an entire bonfire. And the fire in Flameslinger's eyes was more than just a handy way of heating the house. It gave the young elf the mystical ability to see incredible faraway places. Wherever fiery flames exist, this remarkable elf can use them as an extension of his very own eyes. Flameslinger soon became the talk of the town, and the neighbouring town, and the town three towns over. But he soon tired of visiting rubberneckers. He wrapped his eyes in a blindfold and slunk stealthily off into the forest. Here, he would practice blindfolded archery by bullseyeing Boom Fiends with his bow.
Then one day in his mind's eye he saw a drowning fire spirit in a nearby pond. Quicker than wildfire, Flameslinger sprinted to the struggling spirit and saved him from a watery grave. A fiery friendship was instantly formed and the spirit gave Flameslinger two gifts - magic fire boots for lightning quick speed and an enchanted bow that shoots flaming arrows. Soon, Flameslinger was back in the public eye, holding blindfolded archery tournaments and winning everytime. His performance caught the eye of a certain special spectator, Master Eon, and the rest... well, the rest was Skylands history!
Flameslinger has the ability to infuse his arrows in flames and launch them at his enemies. He can also leave a trail of fire behind him. When he circles around an enemy while leaving a trail of flames, a torrent of fire erupts around the enemy, burning it.
These are the starting and maximum statistics for this Skylander in the console version of the games.
- Health: 250 (max. 500)
- Speed: 50 (max. 98)
- Armor: 24 (max. 54)
- Critical Hit: 40 (max. 90)
- Elemental Power: 25 (max. 100)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 40
- Agility: 90
- Defense: 25
- Luck: 80
Powers and Upgrades
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
| Soul Gem Ability|
Requires Soul Gem from:
|Fire Arrow||Flame Dash||Super Volley Shot|
Skylanders can buy new abilities from Persephone.
|Searing Arrow||Column of Fire||Volley Shot||Hyper Shot|
This upgrade path lets you further develop Flameslinger's Fire Arrow skills.
|Hellfire Arrows||Explosive Arrows||Triple Shot Arrows|
This upgrade path lets you further develop Flameslinger's damage skills.
|Napalm Tipped Arrows||Inferno Blast||Supernova|
Skylanders gain new abilities automatically based on their level.
- Flaming Arrow (Primary Attack): Shoot a fiery arrow straight ahead.
- Rain of Fire (Secondary Attack): Launch three arrows into the air. The arrows will land in front of Flameslinger and damage nearby enemies.
- hotfoot (requires level: 2): Sprint (A) to leave flames behind flameslinger.
- Burning Embers (requires level: 5): Hold (x) to release embers in front of flameslinger, stunning nearby enemies.
- Spreading Flames (requires level: 8): hold (Y) and then release to have flameslinger unleash a triple arrow shot that deals extra damage.
Skylanders get special abilities in minigames based on their element.
|Sky Defense||Castle Assault||Ground Defense|
Inflict fire damage to enemies in range for a short time.
Launch a projectile that explodes into smaller fragments that fly away in all directions.
Inflict fire damage to enemies in range for a short time.
- "Let the Flames Begin!"
- "Ready, aim, fire!"
- "Feel my fiery rage!"
- "I aim the flame!"
- "Bow to my bow!"
- "I almost let you win but, no!"
- "You're in the line of fire! Mine!"
- "Looks like you learned the burn!"
- "I kept my eyes on the prize!"
- "A scorching success!"
- "A fine achievement!"
- "Looks like you earned the burn!"
- "Interesting place, lets explore!" - When opening an Elemental Zone
- "I am the flame!" - When upgraded
- "Here I go!" - When using a bounce pad
- "Fire away!" - When using a bounce pad
- "Blazing a path!" - When opening a gate
- "Firing through!" - When opening a gate
- "I can really warm-up to this name" - When given a nickname
- "You have excellent taste!" - When given a nickname
- "This would go nice with my blindfold!" - When given a hat
- "How does this look? I can't see!" - When given a hat
- "I am blind but lethal!" - When checking stats
- "Truly inspiring!" - When checking stats
- "No way!" Skylanders Giants Teaser Trailer
- Due to the fact his eyes are constantly blindfolded, it is unknown how he can get around so well. It could be that the blindfold is somewhat transparent and/or he gets around with incredible hearing due to his large elf ears.
- According to the Skylanders Sticker Book, he is capable of seeing through the fire around him. So whenever he shoots an arrow, or leaves a trail of fire, he can see his surroundings using those.
- He could have night vision like Stealth Elf, but it can't be told because he always has his eyes covered.
- His "second sight" allows him to see far-off places and events.
- Flameslinger slightly resembles Kenshi from Mortal Kombat as both are blindfolded and have ways of knowing their surroundings.
- He also resembles Marvel's Hawkeye as well as DC's Green Arrow, as all three have amazing archery skills.
- As seen in the Skylanders: Giants debut trailer, Flameslinger wears a yellow blindfold underneath his normal red blindfold.
- However, this could have been a gag for humor.
- His catchphrase 'Let the Flames Begin' is a pun on the saying 'Let the Games Begin'.
- He and Stealth Elf are very similar: both are elves, have green skin, blue hair, a pony tail, use a weapon to fight, and both have some kind of cloth on their face.
- However, they have one major difference: while Stealth Elf has her whole face covered but her eyes, the eyes are the only thing covered for Flameslinger's face.
- In both toy form and in his artwork, his Fire Bow has no string.
- He and Shroomboom are the only projectile characters who wield weapons that aren't guns.
- As a Series 2 figure, Flameslinger uses the Volley Shot.
- On his Series 2 art though, he has three arrows in the normal position, not upwards.
- His Inferno Arrow path only made fire in Spyro's Adventure, but does damage and leaves fire in Giants.
- In Giants, Flameslinger speaks with a French accent, despite looking more Asian in appearance (due to his armor and pony tail).
|Spyro - Sparx - Hunter - Sgt Byrd - Agent 9 - Sheila - Bentley - Blink|
|The Legend of Spyro series|
|Spyro - Cynder|
|Spyro the Dragon (Dark) (Legendary) - Gill Grunt - Trigger Happy (Legendary) - Cynder - Terrafin|
Stealth Elf (Legendary) - Chop Chop (Legendary) - Eruptor - Ignitor (Legendary) - Prism Break - Stump Smash
Flameslinger - Zap - Ghost Roaster - Voodood - Bash (Legendary) - Sonic Boom
- Drobot - Boomer - Whirlwind (Polar) - Dino-Rang - Zook - Wrecking Ball - Sunburn - Camo
Wham-Shell - Slam Bam (Legendary) - Drill Sergeant - Lightning Rod - Warnado -
Double Trouble (Royal) - Hex