Gatling Gun Dinos are blue triceratops with brown shorts that can be defeated by being charged. Found in Dino Mines, this dinosaur is sitting on a turret which shoots multiple blue spheres from side to side which can easily be avoided by jumping. After each burst of shots, he has to reload, which is the perfect time for Spyro to charge at the cannon and defeat him. They can also accidentally shoot the other dinos and kill them for you.
- In the Spyro Reignited Trilogy, they are redesigned to be rather muscular. Also, they now lack the brown pants, wearing only a brown belt with a back pouch carrying extra ammunition.
- The bullets they fire are replaced by sausages in Reignited.
- Oddy, despite not wearing any armor, the Gatling Gun Dino can only be charged to be defeated.
- The sound effect for the Gatling Gun is the same one that would be used for the Blaster in Insomniac's next game, Ratchet & Clank. It is also used for the machine gun on the Quinjets in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- ↑ Spyro: Year of the Dragon Prima's Official Strategy Guide, page 78