Gnorcs are squat, unintelligent creatures who first appeared in Spyro the Dragon. They vary in appearance—some resemble and sound like frogs and toads, while others look more like trolls and goblins. The most notable Gnorc is Gnasty Gnorc. The most common Gnorc skin color is green, but they can also come in yellow, blue, pink, brown, purple and orange colors.
Most Gnorcs, Gnasty Gnorc in particular, notably have personalities that combined the short temper of a gnome and the bad attitude of an orc.
Spyro the Dragon
In Spyro the Dragon, Gnasty Gnorc created Gnorcs out of gems and used them as his military soldiers in his conquest of the Dragon Realms.
Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!
In Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!, Gnorcs made a cameo as friendly characters in Dragon Shores, where they are the attendants of each of the rides/games, apparently now reformed after the defeat of Gnasty. One is named Gniles.
Spyro: A Hero's Tail
Gnorcs appeared again in Spyro: A Hero's Tail as enemies when Gnasty Gnorc returned, and are featured in almost every homeworld and level (even after their master's defeat). It was revealed in Red's Laboratory that Red had converted most of the Gnorcs into improved robot forms with the help of the captured Professor. They have not reappeared since.
- All the Gnorcs shown with names, have an N sound at the beginning of their names, but their names actually start with a silent G.
- Spyro the Dragon Instruction Manual, page 6
Fairies - Balloonists
Toasty - Doctor Shemp - Blowhard - Metalhead - Jacques - Egg Thieves
High Caves - Wizard Peak - Terrace Village - Misty Bog - Tree Tops - Dark Passage - Lofty Castle
- Haunted Towers - Gnorc Cove - Twilight Harbor - Gnasty's Loot
Sparx the Dragonfly - Sgt. Byrd - Blink the Mole
Gnasty Gnorc - Ineptune - Mammoth
- Mergatroids - Moneybags - Mrs. Shoutfire - Otto - Peggy - Phil - Professor - Teena - Titan
- Tomas - Trina - Turtle Mother - Wally - Zoe
Dragon Village - Crocovile Swamp - Dragonfly Falls - Coastal Remains - Cloudy Domain - Sunken Ruins
- Frostbite Village - Gloomy Glacier - Ice Citadel - Stormy Beach - Molten Mount - Magma Falls - Dark Mine
- Red's Lab