Haunted Tomb is a realm in Spyro: Year of the Dragon and in the Reignited Trilogy remaster of the third game. It can be accessed in the Midnight Mountain homeworld after the player collects 70 Dragon Eggs.
This realm is strongly based on ancient Egypt with Egyptian Dogs that like to tell riddles, mummified Rhynocs in caskets, and Earthshapers that throw white rocks that explode. When Spyro enters the tomb, an Egyptian Dog challenges him to make it to the end alive and solve a riddle, hoping that he is "more wise than the last guy (was)". The realm features doors that are activated by switches, a snake slide, and falling rocks throughout the level that can hurt Spyro. After making it to the end, another Egyptian Dog asks Spyro the riddle, and gives out an egg after Spyro successfully answers it.
- Christine (On a ledge)
- Will (Guess "Egg" in the riddle)
- Malcom (At the end of the slide)
- MJ (Defeat four Rhynocs at the Demolition Competition)
- TJ (Defeat another ten Rhynocs at the Demolition Competition)
- Roxy (As Agent 9, defeat all enemies that King Rover has sent)
|Haunted Tomb (Part 1) - Spyro: Year of the Dragon||Haunted Tomb (Part 2) - Spyro: Year of the Dragon|
- MJ's name might be a reference to the late pop star Michael Jackson, whose name was commonly shortened to MJ.
- It may also be a reference to one of the Insomniac employees working on the game, who was nicknamed MJ.
- Furthermore, one of the Egyptian Dogs is named Allgeier, after Insomniac designer Brian Allgeier.
- This level was originally called Catacomb Caverns.
- In the PAL and non-Greatest Hits versions of the game, this realm shares its theme with Cloud Spires.
- Sometimes, the Scarab Beetles will walk in thin air, as if there is a platform there.
- There is a reference to Crash Bandicoot in this level. When one of the dogs asks you a riddle, one of the answers you can give is "bandicoot."