Honey Speedway is the third speedway in Spyro: Year of the Dragon and in the Spyro Reignited Trilogy remaster of the third game. It can be accessed in the Evening Lake homeworld via swimming after collecting 65 Dragon Eggs.
It is a bee-themed speedway under a dark sky, filled with bees, beehives, flowers, and a steaming river of honey which serves as a place for motorboating bears.
- Time Attack (Chris): The player has to destroy the honeycombs, fly through beehives, bash the bumblebees and hit the motorboating bears (without landing in the hot honey and slowing down), within the time limit.
- Race the Bumblebees (Henri): The player has to win first place in a race against five colorful bumblebees.
- Hunter's Chase (Nori): As Hunter in a motorboat, escape from a sheep saucer while avoiding obstacles in the river of honey that come in the way. He is located under one of the beehives beside the river.
- Motorboating Bears
- If the player doesn't go through all the challenges the first time they enter the speedway, the eggs will not be given, and the player will not be able to access the Super Bonus Round without using cheats. This only occurs in the original NTSC release of the game, and it was fixed in later releases.
- During Hunter's boat chase, if the saucer flies in front of the player, then goes behind and crashes, Hunter will still be abducted, but the boat will continue on, and the game will be stuck. The only way out of this is to reset the game.
|Honeycomb Speedway - Spyro: Year of the Dragon|
The Speedways On Speed Section Time!
- This is the only speedway in the game to operate at night.
- As with other challenges before defeating Scorch, if the speedway is entered while Hunter is in Bianca's trap, a sign with Hunter's face will appear where he would normally stand, with a message stating his capture. His egg will also be unobtainable until he is released.
- If playing the original NTSC release version, it is advised to enter the speedway while Hunter isn't trapped, as the unobtainable egg glitch can occur if he's trapped.
- In all versions of the game except for the Greatest Hits version, this level shares its theme with Harbor Speedway.
- The skybox of Honey Speedway is virtually identical to that of Tree Tops from the first game, except that there are beehives hanging from some of the trees.
- During development, this level was called Honeycomb Speedway. This explains why Sparx refers to the level by this name. This was not corrected in Spyro Reignited Trilogy.