Hurricos (エレトレビン) is a realm in Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! and in the Reignited Trilogy remaster of the second game. It can be accessed in the Summer Forest homeworld after paying Moneybags to learn how to swim. The Gear Grinders have sealed all the doors by removing all the Diodes. Spyro has to help out the Electrolls by defeating all the Gear Grinders and their robots, retrieving the Diodes, and placing them back where they belong.
Unfortunately, the Electrolls are frequently harassed by the Gear Grinders - large muscular brutes who love sabotaging the machines. Some Gear Grinders also create small robot soldiers to do their work.
Stone Thief Chase (Difficulty: ★★★★☆)
- The Gear Grinder Thieves (small, agile versions of the Gear Grinders) have removed all of the Lightning Stones that power one of the machines. Start placing the stones back into the holders. As you do an alarm will sound. This means a thief is taking a lighting stone back out. Flame him and continue putting them back into the holders. Thieves will not appear until there are stones to steal out of their holders. They will not steal ones off the ground. Once all the thieves are dealt with, place all the stones into the holders.
Factory Glide 1 (Difficulty: ★★★☆☆)
- The Gear Grinders are sucking all the power out of the machines. Use the fans to hop over to the building draining the machines' power. You have to press certain switches that slow the fans down. Once you make it halfway; An Electroll will give you an Orb.
Factory Glide 2 (Difficulty: ★★★★★)
- Simply use the remaining fans to make it to the building, and go inside and press the switch (It's too noisy for the Electroll next to you to do it). He'll then give you an Orb. (Difficulty: ★★★★★)
- Go around the level and flame all the small windmills
- The power-up in this realm is a supercharge power-up, which helps you get Orbs.
An Electroll is seen standing by a power machine with a Diode in his hand. A Gear Grinder Thief shows up and starts chasing the Electroll for the Diode. A Gear Grinder sees the scene and looks at the force field, behind him. The Electroll then tries to flee through the force field, but the Gear Grinder activates it, shocking the Electroll. The Electroll falls on the ground, knocked out, and the Diode he was holding is thrown in the air and caught by the Gear Grinder Thief, who smiles menacingly.
A Diode is shown, hanging by a thread in a force field. A Gear Grinder walks up to it, and tries to take it, but the Diode is then flown back up-screen. The force field then activates, shocking the Gear Grinder, who passes out. Three Electrolls are then seen, laughing as their plan worked. One of the Electrolls, continues laughing, until another does a congratulatory slap to the back and accidentally knocks him over.
NOTE: In the Reignited Trilogy, instead of a congratulatory slap, the two Electrolls instead highfives and no Electroll falls over.
- This realm seems to be one of only two main realms in the game without a proper paired sister realm. Though, there is an argument to be made that Glimmer is its paired realm, as both involve their inhabitants' workplaces being invaded and harassed by mooks.
- The Electrolls share Spyro's voice actor, Tom Kenny. Oddly enough, in the original game, they sound remarkably similar to SpongeBob SquarePants, another character Tom Kenny voices.
- In the Reignited Trilogy remaster, they are still voiced by Tom Kenny, but are now lower in tone and don't resemble SpongeBob's voice.
- The theme music in this realm is a remix of Aquaria Towers' theme music.
- Moneybags apparently wishes to buy a condo in this realm. He mentions this later on in Crystal Glacier after being paid to activate the bridge in said world. He says, "Thank you, Spyro! Now I can buy that condo in Hurricos that I've been wanting for so long. Go ahead, across the bridge!"
- While there is no ocean as it is implied in the original version of Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!, it can now be seen in Spyro Reignited Trilogy.
- The skybox in this realm is the same one used in the Dragon Realms and Stone Hill in Spyro 2 and part 2 of Reignited, respectively.