In this level, the idols that the workmen sculpted have suddenly come to life and are causing problems for the locals. In order to make progress, you must defeat the idols that are attacking the sculptors. Fully completing this level hinges on your ability to swim, so pay Moneybags for this ability before hopping into the portal.
Foreman Bud's Puzzles (Difficulty: ★★★☆☆)
There are Three Puzzles in this quest. As you complete each one Foreman Bud guides you to the next one.
- The Yellow Blocks - The goal is to turn all the blocks yellow. This can take forever if you're not careful. When you step on a block it turns the two beside it the opposite colour of what it is. Talking to Foreman Bud can reset the puzzle. (Minimum blocks is 4, hit all 4 corners, nothing else)
- The Hungry Idol - Foreman Bud meets you at the lake you pop up from after leaving the first are of this challenge. You must feed the Idol 10 Yellow or Blue fish by flaming them as they jump in front of you. (Adjust for the correct angle) Red fish causes the Idol to vomit up 3 previous fish, setting you back. So don't flame the red fish!
- The Coloured Stones - Located near the end of the level you'll see 5 stones of different shape, colour, and top piece. Step on them in the correct order. Foreman Bud will step on the first one for you. If you step on an incorrect one you have to start over so you can win by trial & error. Hint: The stone you step on next will have something in common with the stone you just stepped on. Answer: Green Star, Orange Diamond, Orange Crescent, White Crescent, Blue Circle.
Hula Girl Rescue (Difficulty: ★★★☆☆☆)
- Located close to the Coloured Stones, you will see a circle of hula girls on stones. In the centre there will be Stella, a Hula Girl bound to a rock. Use the Supercharge to run the circle knocking the stone idols from beneath the Hula Girls so they can join Stella in the middle. You must get all 6 hula girls in one trip around the track other wise the stone idols put the Hula Girls back on their heads.
Land on Idol
- In the area where the Hula Girls are found, there is an idol in the centre. Use the ledges around the place to jump to the most dipped down corner. See a video walk through if you're having trouble because it can be a very tricky jump
- Running along the platforms found surrounding the area containing the Hula Girls will eventually lead you to a rocket. By lighting this off it will break the chest found in the beginning area where you feed the fish to the Idol. Some gems may fall into the water so check on and around the platform, which you can reach by jumping and gliding off of where the rocket is.
The opening scene shows a worker colosi chipping away at a wooden idol, which suddenly comes to life! The worker shouts "IDOL" in a high pitched voice, and is then chased by the idol. Another worker gets an idea from this, and quickly chips away to make a Hula Girl idol. He kisses her, expecting her to come to life, but only succeeds in knocking the wooden statue over, thus breaking his heart.
The closing scene depicts a few workers around a fire, toasting marshmallows and wieners on sticks. From a nearby river, underneath a bridge, a lone possessed idol watches the party, then shows himself. As one of the workers screams in terror, the idol lifts his own stick with a treat on the end, and he gleefully joins the campfire, much to the confusion of the workers.
Intro and Closing Video
|Idol Springs - Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!|
- When the PlayStation Network released Ripto's Rage, this realm and Colossus failed to upload completely, and the game was taken off the market. This glitch has since been fixed, and the game has been re-released ever since.
- There is a swimming glitch for here. If you know how to double-jump (jump then press square and X at the same time without using d-pad or analog stick), in the beginning, you can jump on the surrounding wall, and double-jump again off the surrounding wall, in between to where the first worker rests and the next section of idols, if you headbash underneath the water at the right time, you will be swimming in the air!
- Idol Springs is paired with Colossus. An early name for the realm, found in the code for the demo, was "Colossus Springs," and Colossus was to be called "Colossus Valley".
- Idol Springs shares its theme with Fracture Hills.
- This realm has the same background as Cliff Town.
- The end cut-scene is a probable reference to Jason Voorhees from the Friday the 13th movies.