|This article is about the Skylander from the Skylanders series. You may be looking for the character from The Legend of Spyro series.|
- “Slash and Burn!”
- —Ignitor's official catchphrase
Ignitor (イグナイター in Japanese) is a fire knight spirit who is one of the playable Skylanders in the Skylanders series, first appearing in Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure. He has a Legendary counterpart called Legendary Ignitor, who is exclusive at Toys R Us in a Legendary pack, with Legendary Slam Bam and Legendary Jet-Vac.
Despite the setback of being bound to his cursed suit of armor for eternity, Ignitor remains a spirited knight who is always fired up to protect his world from evil. He also developed a hatred for witches due to one having cursed him in the first place.
On his first quest as a knight, Ignitor was tricked by a cunning witch into wearing a magical suit of armor that he was told would resist fire from a dragon. As it turned out, it was made of cursed steel. He journeyed to a dragon's lair where a single blast of fire transformed him into a blazing spirit, binding him to the suit of armor for eternity. Despite this setback, Ignitor remains a spirited knight who is always fired up to protect the lands from evil and find the witch that tricked him.
When first he encountered the red dragon, Ignatius was a young knight with squeaky armour and a rusty sword. On his way to slay the beast, he met a witch who presented him with a special (and handy) gift - a magical suit of armour offering protection from dragon breath. But a nasty surprise was waiting for Ignatius at the dragon's lair. The monster rained its fiery breath over the knight's poor head, settling him on fire. Ignatius had been tricked! His new suit was made from a cursed steel that bound itself to him, trapping him inside where he would forever remain a fire spirit. But all was not lost. He defeated the dragon and became a Skylander. Now named Ignitor, he has since embraced his fiery talents and keeps a vengeful lookout for witches everywhere.
Ignitor has the ability to leave his suit of armor to singe nearby enemies with his flaming spirit form. He also wields a flaming sword to slice his enemies.
These are the starting and maximum statistics for this Skylander in the console version of the games.
- Health: 240 (max. 480)
- Speed: 43 (max. 91)
- Armor: 12 (max. 82)
- Critical Hit: 40 (max. 90)
- Elemental Power: 25 (max. 100)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 100
- Agility: 40
- Defense: 65
- Luck: 50
Powers and Upgrades
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
| Soul Gem Ability|
Requires Soul Gem from:
Dark Water Cove
|Flame Blade||Flame Form Mortar||Fire Forged Armor|
Skylanders can buy new abilities from Persephone.
|Scorching Blade||Flame Form||Mega Slam||Fire and Brimstone|
Soul of the Flame
This upgrade path lets you further develop your defensive Flame Form abilities.
|Dances with Fire||Incinerate||Fire Form Salvo|
This upgrade path lets you further develop your skills with the Flame Blade.
|Order of the Burning Blade||Double Mega Slam||Inferno Blade|
Skylanders gain new abilities automatically based on their level.
- Burning Blade (Primary Attack): Attack with Ignitor's might sword.
- Fire Spirit (Secondary Attack): Launch your fire spirit. While the spirit is active, it will attack nearby enemies.
- Spirit Explosion (requires level: 4): Fire spirit grows in size and explodes upon recall.
- Blue Flame Sheath (requires level: 7): After a brief sprint flame turns blue increasing attack and speed.
- Blade Spin (requires level: 10): After three swipes with his sword it will spin in place and and can be moved in a circle to defend Ignitor.
Skylanders get special abilities in minigames based on their element.
|Sky Defense||Castle Assault||Ground Defense|
Inflict fire damage to enemies in range for a short time.
Launch a projectile that explodes into smaller fragments that fly away in all directions.
Inflict fire damage to enemies in range for a short time.
- "Slash and Burn!"
- "Let us dance with swords!"
- "I ignite to fight!"
- "And so it begins!"
- "Sword and scorchery!"
- "My armor shines along with my fire!"
- "Thou hast been vanquished!"
- "To the victor go the spoils!"
- "No kinks in this armor!"- When checking stats
- "It's a bad day to be my foe!"
- Ignitor was called Ignatius before he was cursed. 
- It is unknown what species Ignitor was before he was turned into a fire spirit, but judging by his stocky frame and strength, it's possible that he could've been a dwarf.
- Ignitor was once only available with the Starter Pack of the 3DS version of the Spyro's Adventure, but is now available in a single pack and a triple Pack.
- His fire spirit slightly resembles the Ben 10 character Heatblast.
- He is also similar to NRG, a character from the series Ben 10: Ultimate Alien, as they are both fire based beings trapped inside armor.
- Ignitor is the only Starter Pack Skylander who doesn't have an additional counterpart in Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure.
- His Series 2 toy depicts him with his Fire-Forged Armor and his sword has the scorching blade upgrade.
- His Fire Forged Armor changes appearance from Spyro's Adventure to Giants.
- In Giants, Ignitor is voiced by Dwight Schultz, who also did additional voices in Spyro's Adventure. He is known for voicing Mung Daal in Chowder and Eddie the Squirrel in CatDog.
- If he uses his flame form with his Wow Pow, it is blue.
- In Spyro's Adventure, Ignitor is the only Fire Skylander who does not have an evil counterpart in boss battles.
- According to the Book of Elements: Fire and Water; Ignitor asked his fellow Skylanders for help removing the cursed armor. Nevertheless, their methods had no effect on the armor.
|Spyro - Sparx - Hunter - Sgt Byrd - Agent 9 - Sheila - Bentley - Blink|
|The Legend of Spyro series|
|Spyro - Cynder|
|Spyro the Dragon (Dark) (Legendary) - Gill Grunt - Trigger Happy (Legendary) - Cynder - Terrafin|
Stealth Elf (Legendary) - Chop Chop (Legendary) - Eruptor - Ignitor (Legendary) - Prism Break - Stump Smash
Flameslinger - Zap - Ghost Roaster - Voodood - Bash (Legendary) - Sonic Boom
- Drobot - Boomer - Whirlwind (Polar) - Dino-Rang - Zook - Wrecking Ball - Sunburn - Camo
Wham-Shell - Slam Bam (Legendary) - Drill Sergeant - Lightning Rod - Warnado -
Double Trouble (Royal) - Hex