|This article is about The boss. You may be looking for the realm.|
- “Any advice before this battle?”
- “Advice, hmmm... A wise dragon once told me. 'Aim high in life but watch out for flying boxes.'”
Jacques ( アメージング・ボックス, Amazing Box in Japanese) was the penultimate boss in the original, Spyro the Dragon game. He resided in Dream Weavers, in a nightmarish volcanic landscape that was populated by lava creatures. Spyro confronted Jaques, and fought him on a series of platforms that levitated above a volcanic crater. The young dragon was able to best Jaques, and leave his realm.
Jacques mostly threw boxes at Spyro throughout the battle. As Spyro chased him, Jacques moved from one platform to the next until he reached and stood on a dark pink box, where he'd stay put and continue throwing boxes. If Spyro flamed him, he moved quickly to the next dark pink box (there were three in total) and repeated the same process. Once Jacques was flamed on the last pink box, he disappeared and left four Purple Gems worth twenty-five (each); just near the exit vortex.
- "Jacques" is the French spelling of "Jack," appropriate as he is a Jack-in-the-box.
- Jacques was similar to other Jack-in-the-Box themed video game bosses, such as Mad Jack in Donkey Kong 64.
- Jacques (Realm) is the only realm where you have to save two dragons, while the other four boss realms only has one dragon each.
|Spyro the Dragon - Sparx the Dragonfly|
Fairies - Balloonists
Toasty - Doctor Shemp - Blowhard - Metalhead - Jacques - Egg Thieves
|Artisans - Peace Keepers - Magic Crafters - Beast Makers - Dream Weavers - Gnorc Gnexus|
|Stone Hill - Dark Hollow - Town Square - Dry Canyon - Cliff Town - Ice Cavern - Alpine Ridge|
High Caves - Wizard Peak - Terrace Village - Misty Bog - Tree Tops - Dark Passage - Lofty Castle
- Haunted Towers - Gnorc Cove - Twilight Harbour - Gnasty's Loot
|Sunny Flight - Night Flight - Crystal Flight - Wild Flight - Icy Flight|
|Toasty - Doctor Shemp - Blowhard - Metalhead - Jacques - Gnasty Gnorc|
|Dragons - Treasure - Dragon Eggs|