|This article is about the character from the games. You may be looking for the character from the spin-off TV series.|
- “Hawk and Awe!”
- —Jet-Vac's official catchphrase
Jet-Vac (ジェットバック Jetto Bakku in Japanese) is a wingless Sky Baron who is one of the Skylanders in the Skylanders series, first appearing in Skylanders: Giants. He has a Legendary counterpart called Legendary Jet-Vac, who is available in a Legendary pack with Legendary Slam Bam and Legendary Ignitor.
His Series 2 counterpart is named Turbo Jet-Vac.
Jet-Vac is known as the greatest and most daring flying ace throughout his homeland. He is also very noble, having sacrificed his wings to a mother in order to fly her children out of harm's way when their home was attacked.
Jet-Vac was the greatest, most daring flying ace in all of Windham. He was given his magical wings when he was young, as was the tradition for all Sky Barons. But when his homeland was raided, he chose to sacrifice his wings to a young mother so she could fly her children to safety. This act of nobility caught the attention of Master Eon, who sought out the young Sky Baron and presented him with a gift - a powerful vacuum device that would allow him to soar through the skies once again. Jet-Vac accepted the gift with gratitude, and now daringly fights evil alongside the other Skylanders.
It's traditional for Sky Barons to be given their magical wings when they are young, and when Jet-Vac got his, he quickly demonstrated some amazing aerial skills. As the years passed, Jet-Vac became known as the most daring flying ace in all of Skylands. He swooped. He soared. He sailed through the air, amazing the people of his home town, Windham, and protecting them whenever danger reared its ugly head.
Then one day when Windham was raided, Jet-Vac was horrified to see a young mother struggling to get her children away from danger. He was faced with a choice - either fly to safety himself, or give his wings to the mother so she and her children could make their escape. Of course, there was only one option the noble Jet-Vac was ever going to go with. He selflessly sacrificed his wings to save the others - and caught the attention of Master Eon in the process. While the feathered flight ace remains wingless to this day, Eon equipped him with a hearty vacuum-powered jet pack which more than makes up for it.Skylanders: Universe - Official Sticker Book, page 51
Skylanders: Spyro versus The Mega MonstersJet-Vac was in a training session with Spyro, Drill Sergeant, and Trigger Happy generated by Master Eon. After the session ended with Spyro accidentally unleashing a jet of flames at Trigger Happy and Drill Sergeant, the Sky Baron noticed that Spyro was feeling down about not being able to master his Daybringer Flame technique, and Jet-Vac reassured Spyro that the dragon can't be good at everything.
The Sky Baron later went with Spyro and Drill Sergeant to the Desert of Columns to save the Molekin, Diggs, from a strangely familiar giant troll. Kaos soon arrived, saving the day by 'vanquishing' the monster with a magic staff after claiming to have turned over a new leaf by defeating evil doers.
When the Warrior Librarians of the Eternal Archives arrived at Eon's Citadel, Jet-Vac, along with Trigger Happy, jokingly complimented on Spyro's legendary status after the Lead Curator, Wiggleworth, recognized the young dragon and recalled reading Spyro's heroic exploits from the Scrolls of the Ancients. The Sky Baron stayed behind at the Citadel when the other present Skylanders went with the Librarians to protect the Eternal Archives, and he later helped his fellow Skylanders in repairing the Archive Walls after their battle with Kaos.
Rift into Overdrive
Jet-Vac was one of the Skylander attendees at the Skylanders Academy last day of school party, watching a rehabilitated Kaos handing out cotton candy. Four months later, dangerous sky rifts began popping up around Skylands and the Sky Baron was assigned by Spyro to go with Stealth Elf, Terrafin and Gill Grunt to Know-It-All Island to find out more about the Rift Engines that may be a solution to the incoming threat.
Once at Know-It-All Island, the Skylanders and Flynn encountered Blobbers, who was sent by his village to learn about the strange rifts that were destroying everything across Skylands. A nearby Stone Head revealed to the group the history behind the Rift Engines and the fact that Kaos had awakened a power hidden long ago. Before the Stone Head could begin to tell the location of the Rift Engines, Kaos himself opened a rift and it consumed the island as soon as the Stone Head told a riddle to the Skylanders regarding the location of the Rift Engines. The Skylanders and their friends were soon rescued by non-Skylanders, Spitfire and Stormblade, who transported them all to safety with their vehicles.
After getting acquainted with Spitfire, Stormblade, and other non-Skylanders, Fiesta and Dive-Clops, Jet-Vac and the other Skylanders allowed the SuperChargers to help the Skylanders on their journey as there was no other available transportation. While treking through Skylands, the Skylanders and SuperChargers figured out the Stone Head's riddle and came to the Whirlpool of Destiny where the Rift Engines were hidden in an underwater city. While Dive-Clops and Gill Grunt used the Dive Bomber to begin their search underwater, Jet-Vac and the other land Skylanders held back a group of Kaos' minions to buy their friends some time.
As they were about to become overwhelmed, Gill Grunt and Dive-Clops succeeded in hauling the Rift Engines from the underwater depths. Jet-Vac, Stealth Elf and Terrafin were shocked at seeing Gill Grunt's SuperCharged form, who quickly instructed his three companions to unlock the chest and hope the Rift Engines inside chooses them. As they touched the Rift Engines, Terrafin, Stealth Elf and Jet-Vac were granted the powers of SuperChargers which transformed them, and they used their newfound abilities to drive off Kaos' minions. With the Rift Engines at their disposal, the Skylanders, and the newly-formed Skylander SuperChargers, began their adventure in stopping Kaos and his latest plan.
Jet-Vac came to the Skylanders after their battle with Kaos in Scholarville, reporting to them of a brainstorm that was ravaging Shellmont Shores. After retrieving the Vortex Destroyer from the Academy Library, he and the Skylanders headed on to Shellmont Shores to put a stop to Kaos and the brainstorm, successfully stopping the ravaging storm. Jet-Vac and the Skylander later travelled to Sky Fortress to take back a Sky Baron battleship that was overtaken by Vultures to combat the Guacamole Monster.
Jet-Vac attacks by shooting air blasts out of his vacuum device, and his secondary attack is that he can also use his vacuum device to suck up the treasures and enemies in the surroundings. He also can fly with his vacuum device. In Skylanders: Battlecast, Jet-Vac can also make the enemy attack itself in a tornado or the scrapped Hurticane; his special ability is Erratic Vortex, swapping in a random enemy, and his signature gear is the Duplicator Mark II, which copies spells from the enemy.
These are the starting and maximum statistics for this Skylander in the console version of the games.
- Health: 240 (max. 480)
- Speed: 50 (max. 98)
- Armor: 12 (max. 42)
- Critical Hit: 20 (max. 70)
- Elemental Power: 25 (max. 100)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 60
- Agility: 70
- Defense: 50
- Luck: 80
Powers and Upgrades
| Basic Abilities|
These abilities are available from the start of the game.
| Soul Gem Ability|
Requires Soul Gem from:
|Vac-Blaster||Suction Gun||Eagle-Air Battle Gear|
Skylanders can buy new abilities from Persephone.
|Fiester Fan||Jet-Vac Jet Pack||Vac Blaster 9000||Turbine Suction Fan|
Further develop Jet-Vac's Vac-Blaster attacks.
|Piercing Winds||Vac Master-Blaster 20X||Super Suction Air Blaster|
Further develop Jet-Vac's Suction and Flight attacks.
|Tank reserves||The Mulcher||Flying Corkscrew|
Skylanders gain new abilities automatically based on their level.
- Vac-Blaster (Primary Attack): Press Y to shoot enemies with a powerful blast of air.
- Suction Gun (Secondary Attack): Hold X to suck enemies into the spinning fan blades.
- Super Suction Air Blaster (requires level: 2): Suck up enemies with the Suction Gun to charge up the Vac Blaster with a super-shot.
- Flying Corkscrew (requires level: 5): Sprint (A) to send Jet-Vac into a furious spinning assault, damaging any enemies he passes.
- Turbo Jetpack (requires level: 8): Hold B to use Jet-Vac's jetpack to hover in the air for a time.
Skylanders get special abilities in minigames based on their element.
|Sky Defense||Castle Assault||Ground Defense|
Create a tornado that makes enemy projectiles spin and hurt other enemies.
Launch a projectile that makes the projectile move upwards instead of falling down.
Create a tornado that stuns and pushes away enemies in range.
- "Hawk and Awe!"
- "Tally Ho!" - when using Flying Corkscrew
- "Take to the skies!"
- "No wings, no problem!"
- "Fight and Flight!"
- "You fought a good fight!"
- "Success is mine!"
- "Barrel roll!"
- "Air strike!"
- "Feathers of fury!"
- "Best of the nest!"
- "Nothing I can't handle!"
- "Soaring to new heights!" - checking stats
- "The sky's the limit!" - checking stats
- "Ranking up!" - leveling up
- "The spoils of war!" - opening a treasure chest
- "I'll take it all!" - opening a treasure chest
- "I like it! Rolls right off the beak!" - when given a nickname
- "Yes, that'll do just fine!"- when given a nickname
Skylanders: Spyro versus The Mega Monsters
- "What are you waiting for, old boy? You need to do something." - when urging Spyro to attack the Goliath Drow illusion during their training session.
- "That scoundrel wouldn't know a good deed if one came up and bopped him on the nose. He really ruffles my feathers."
- "Ready to fight beak and claw. Tallyho!"
- "Oh they're real; they're spectacular, and they're HUGE!" - Giants E3 2012 Trailer
- "I love it when I'm right!"
- "Oh, thats not good!" Obey commercial
Skylanders Giants - Jet-Vac Preview Trailer (Hawk and Awe) Skylanders Giants - Meet the Skylanders - Jet-Vac (Hawk and Awe) Skylanders Giants - Jet-Vac's Soul Gem Preview (Hawk and Awe) Skylanders Swap Force - Meet the Skylanders - Turbo Jet Vac (Hawk and Awe) Meet the Skylanders LightCore Jet-Vac
- His name is a play on the word 'jet pack'.
- Jet-Vac was originally called Vac Eagle, then Airgle.
- He is the only Skylander in the UK version of the 'Tall Tales' trailer who has his voice actor changed.
- In the Tall Tales trailer, Jet-Vac lays an egg out of shock when Tree Rex and Bouncer revealed themselves.
- In the Tall Tales trailer with his original voice, he spoke with a thick Scottish accent.
- His catchphrase is based on the military phrase "Shock and awe".
- If you use the Suction Gun attack when the Jet Pack meter runs out, it makes the meter recharge faster.
- As a LightCore figure, his chest symbol and the end of his vac glow.
- If the room is dark enough, the light from the end of his Vac sometimes makes the barrel seem translucent.
- One of his upgrades, Vac Blaster 9000, is a pun on the Equals Three (a popular YouTube series created by RayWilliamJohnson) episode "Vag Blaster 9000".
- Apparently, Ray called Ace Power's Horseback riding exercise machine the "Vag Blaster 9000".
- He and Gill Grunt are the only Skylanders who fly using jet packs.
- He shares some battle cries with Sonic Boom being "Best of the nest", "Feathers of fury!" and "The sky's the limit".
- Jet-Vac is the only air Skylander who can't go over water even though he can fly. This is possibly because of the Air Meter in his jet pack.
- One of his upgrades, Super Suction Air Blaster, makes the suction gun act like the suck cannon from Ratchet & Clank (A game made by Insomniac Games, Spyro's former developers).
- Jet Vac resembles one of the Three Gargoyles in Legends of the Hidden Temple.
|Spyro - Sparx - Hunter - Sgt Byrd - Agent 9 - Sheila - Bentley - Blink|
|The Legend of Spyro series|
|Spyro - Cynder|
|Spyro the Dragon (Dark) (Legendary) - Gill Grunt - Trigger Happy (Legendary) - Cynder - Terrafin|
Stealth Elf (Legendary) - Chop Chop (Legendary) - Eruptor - Ignitor (Legendary) - Prism Break - Stump Smash
Flameslinger - Zap - Ghost Roaster - Voodood - Bash (Legendary) - Sonic Boom
- Drobot - Boomer - Whirlwind (Polar) - Dino-Rang - Zook - Wrecking Ball - Sunburn - Camo
Wham-Shell - Slam Bam (Legendary) - Drill Sergeant - Lightning Rod - Warnado -
Double Trouble (Royal) - Hex