Jupiter Dragon Traps are immobile plant enemies that appeared in Crocovile Swamp and Dragonfly Falls, two realms in Spyro: A Hero's Tail. They attack by spitting fire at long range and biting at Spyro.
The Jupiter Dragon Traps come in two different colors: red with white spots, and yellow with black spots. It is best for Spyro to stay away from the yellow Dragon Traps, and if he gets too close, they will eat him and swallow him to grant a instant death, so try not to get too close to them.
- Jupiter Dragon Traps resemble the Piranha Plants from the Mario series.
- The name of the Jupiter Dragon Traps are similar to name of the Venus Fly Traps.
- In Spyro: Year of the Dragon, Bianca used a flower as part of her practice on magic. She turned it into a living monster plant before turning it back into normal. This may have inspired the game design for the Jupiter Dragon Traps.
|Spyro the Dragon - Hunter the Cheetah|
Sparx the Dragonfly - Sgt. James Byrd - Blink the Mole
|Red (Mecha Form)|
Gnasty Gnorc - Ineptune - Mammoth
|Amp - Aqua - Astor - Bentley the Yeti - Ember - Flame - Fredneck - Freezia - Ice Princess - Lily - Magnus|
- Mergatroids - Moneybags - Mrs. Shoutfire - Otto - Peggy - Phil - Professor - Teena - Titan
- Tomas - Trina - Turtle Mother - Wally - Zoe
|Dragon Kingdom - Lost Cities - Icy Wilderness - Volcanic Isle|
Dragon Village - Crocovile Swamp - Dragonfly Falls - Coastal Remains - Cloudy Domain - Sunken Ruins
- Frostbite Village - Gloomy Glacier - Ice Citadel - Stormy Beach - Molten Mount - Magma Falls - Dark Mine
- Red's Lab
|Gnasty's Cave - Watery Tomb - Red's Chamber - Red's Lair|
|Island Speedway - Cloudy Speedway - Iceberg Aerobatics - Lava Palaver|
|Gems - Dark Gems - Light Gems - Dragon Eggs|