- “When you free a dragon or step on one of their platforms, you're saving your progress. That could be useful if you run into trouble, not that you ever run into trouble, Spyro.”
Lindar (リンダル=グリノマール Rindaru in Japanese) is an Artisans dragon who appeared in Spyro the Dragon. He was notably the one who inadvertantly triggered the events of the first game when Gnasty Gnorc turned all the dragons into Crystal Statues in response to Lindar's comments about the villain.
In the Spyro Reignited Trilogy, Lindar is a clockmaker. He now has long crazy white hair and has watches strapped around his arms, neck and waist, and is wearing advanced professor-goggles with horn-like parts.
Gnasty Gnorc's Revenge
Lindar was notably the one who remarked that Gnasty Gnorc was 'a simple creature', 'no threat' to the Dragon Realms and then called him ugly. As a result, he and the other dragons (except for young Spyro, due to his small size) were turned into Crystal Statues. He was freed by Spyro at Stone Hill later on.
Year of the Dragon
Lindar (or at least someone who looked like him) appeared in Spyro: Year of the Dragon. He tried to tackle Bianca to get back the egg she took, but Spyro flamed her into a hole and Lindar fell into it head first while attempting to catch the egg, and became stuck. In the next scene, Astor can be seen trying to pull him out.
Later on he is seen watching over a dragon egg, taking the time on how long it takes for the egg to hatch.
- His voice during the cutscene at the beginning of the Spyro the Dragon is different from his voice when he is freed at Stone Hill.
- His Stone Hill-voice is strangely given to a purple dragon in Year of the Dragon, who looks like him from head to toe except for the aforementioned purple color and yellow horns.
- His voice in the opening cutscene of the game, is eventually given to Bubba.
- In the demo version, Lindar's dialogue was very much like Gavin's: "Watch the dragonfly Spyro. Its color indicates its power to protect you."
- Lindar's appearance in Reignited Trilogy seem to be inspired by the original game, in which his posture suggest he has some sort of authority.
- In Reignited Trilogy, both he and Eldrid wear goggles with horn-like attachments.
|Spyro the Dragon - Sparx the Dragonfly|
Fairies - Balloonists
Toasty - Doctor Shemp - Blowhard - Metalhead - Jacques - Egg Thieves
|Artisans - Peace Keepers - Magic Crafters - Beast Makers - Dream Weavers - Gnorc Gnexus|
|Stone Hill - Dark Hollow - Town Square - Dry Canyon - Cliff Town - Ice Cavern - Alpine Ridge|
High Caves - Wizard Peak - Terrace Village - Misty Bog - Tree Tops - Dark Passage - Lofty Castle
- Haunted Towers - Gnorc Cove - Twilight Harbour - Gnasty's Loot
|Sunny Flight - Night Flight - Crystal Flight - Wild Flight - Icy Flight|
|Toasty - Doctor Shemp - Blowhard - Metalhead - Jacques - Gnasty Gnorc|
|Dragons - Treasure - Dragon Eggs|