Magic Crafters (マジック ガーデン ホーム: Magic Garden Home) is the third homeworld in Spyro the Dragon and the Reignited Trilogy remaster of the first game. This land comes across as an extravagantly royal place, with marble-like walls and floors in the caves. The walls are also covered in elaborate designs and the caves seem to be lit almost magically. Throughout the homeworld, there are small ponds where enemies are sometimes seen running around.
As its name suggests, Magic is very abundant in this land. There are druids in this world who have control over the movement of platforms, walls, and land, among many others. This is also the first land in which Spyro finds a Supercharge. You must collect at least 1,200 gems to access this world.
The home of the most magically-inclined dragon species is a network of self-constructed plains and meadows connected by tall mountains tips and covered in frost and ice. The Magic Crafters world is littered with icy steps, frosted peaks, supercharge ramps, moving platforms, and alpine trees of all sizes. Pools of crystal-clear water dot each area and the caves built into the mountains are smooth and decorated with all sorts of pretty patterns. Gems can be seen here or there, but the Magic Crafter dragons never see too fit to flaunt their wealth. The abyss below is a misty, never-ending fall that would spell death to any dragon, but no fear! The fairies here don’t mind catching you and lifting you to safety.
Each homeworld has specially designed portals. The portals in Magic Crafters are made from the mountain's stone and are short and wide. The top portion comes to a point at the top, with a jewel located right below it.
For a special race held by CTR, a news channel in Crash Bandicoot's realm, Magic Crafters was briefly rebuilt beautifully with a race track across the landscape decorated with stone dragon-statues and special portals with a direct link to Artisans. An area with floating platforms above a swirling vortex beneath was also used. Green Wizards, Tornado Wizards and Elder Wizards were stationed as obstacles on each side of the track, casting spells across it.
The dragons who live in this world are known as the Magic Crafters. They spend their time making magic artifacts used by all the Dragons throughout the rest of the worlds. They are shy around other creatures and like to be alone. They can be very happy in their remote mountaintops, ice cliffs, and caves, studying their craft in peace.
In the original game, a notable feature among Magic Crafter dragons is that most of them spoke in an accent that trills the R's in the words they speak with. Visually setting them aside from the other dragon families, Magic Crafters have four horns on their heads, and their eyes are fully one color with no visible whites or pupils. The leader of the Magic Crafter dragons is Cosmos, as he is the first dragon to be freed when Spyro enters the homeworld and welcomes his arrival, as well as giving him the main objectives.
- Cosmos - Near the beginning of the homeworld, just after the first blue thief.
- Zantor - Near the portal to High Caves.
- Boldar - In front of the portal to Crystal Flight.
Achievement & Trophy (Reignited Trilogy)
- Charge through 4 Armored Druids near the start of Magic Crafters.
- PS4: Bronze Trophy
- XBOX One: 20G
- If you talk to the balloonist repeatedly, he will say, "Hey Spyro, maybe I can help you recover those 5 dragon eggs." If he requests a realm where a thief is located, you can instantly go to that realm via balloon.
- There are no Gnorcs in this homeworld and its levels (except for Ice Gnorcs).
- The locked chest in this world can be opened using a Supercharge instead of the key. Head down the supercharge ramp, make a sharp right U-turn, and hop off the edge of the platform to land in the cave with the chest. If you do this, the key in the gazebo near the end will disappear.
- The world's theme is reminiscent to a re-arranged version of Christopher Cerf's song "Wet Paint."
- The menu screen is set in this homeworld.
- Although, unlike following games, the area is unreachable during gameplay.
- In the late demo, a lot of the realm is textured differently, and the Armored Druids make different noises when hit.
- The placeholder box art for the game is set in this homeworld.
- ↑ Spyro the Dragon Instruction Manual page 17
- ↑ https://www.ign.com/wikis/spyro-the-dragon/Comin%27_Through!
|Spyro the Dragon - Sparx the Dragonfly|
Fairies - Balloonists
Toasty - Doctor Shemp - Blowhard - Metalhead - Jacques - Egg Thieves
|Artisans - Peace Keepers - Magic Crafters - Beast Makers - Dream Weavers - Gnorc Gnexus|
|Stone Hill - Dark Hollow - Town Square - Dry Canyon - Cliff Town - Ice Cavern - Alpine Ridge|
High Caves - Wizard Peak - Terrace Village - Misty Bog - Tree Tops - Dark Passage - Lofty Castle
- Haunted Towers - Gnorc Cove - Twilight Harbour - Gnasty's Loot
|Sunny Flight - Night Flight - Crystal Flight - Wild Flight - Icy Flight|
|Toasty - Doctor Shemp - Blowhard - Metalhead - Jacques - Gnasty Gnorc|
|Dragons - Treasure - Dragon Eggs|