- “I hate those bugs! When I become big and strong, like you, I'll squash 'em all!”
- “Until then, remember that super charge makes you invincible.”
Metalback Spiders (also known as Bugs) are large enemies that appeared in Spyro the Dragon and in the Reignited Trilogy remaster of the first game. They are found in High Caves and can only be defeated by using the Supercharge or Superflame power-ups.
When entering High Caves, avoid these spiders at all costs. Run away from them and jump onto any higher or lower ground you can find to get a break and see where to run next. Once you get either the Superflame or Supercharge power-up, they can be defeated just as easily as every other enemy.
- Many Spyro fans consider this enemy to be the scariest in the entire series.
- These enemies resemble stag beetles more than spiders. It can also be why Spyro refers to them as just "bugs".
|Spyro the Dragon - Sparx the Dragonfly|
Fairies - Balloonists
Toasty - Doctor Shemp - Blowhard - Metalhead - Jacques - Egg Thieves
|Artisans - Peace Keepers - Magic Crafters - Beast Makers - Dream Weavers - Gnorc Gnexus|
|Stone Hill - Dark Hollow - Town Square - Dry Canyon - Cliff Town - Ice Cavern - Alpine Ridge|
High Caves - Wizard Peak - Terrace Village - Misty Bog - Tree Tops - Dark Passage - Lofty Castle
- Haunted Towers - Gnorc Cove - Twilight Harbour - Gnasty's Loot
|Sunny Flight - Night Flight - Crystal Flight - Wild Flight - Icy Flight|
|Toasty - Doctor Shemp - Blowhard - Metalhead - Jacques - Gnasty Gnorc|
|Dragons - Treasure - Dragon Eggs|