Metalhead (アイアン・ヘッド 4-4 Iron Head 4-4 in Japanese) is the Boss Realm for the Beast Makers Homeworld. The boss of this level is the robot Metalhead. The level retains its Homeworld's main aesthetic of being swampy in appearance, but the boss battle itself takes place inside of a building before moving outside.
An important hidden area early on in this level is a small alcove with one bar missing, through which Spyro can glide to to reach gems on top of buildings. Continuing through the level, Spyro will come to a sloping ramp guarded by a Banana Boy, and a dragon at the bottom. Following the ramp takes Spyro to the door of a large, castle-like hall in which the boss battle takes place.
Metalhead is an island surrounded by swamp water with multiple castle pieces around. There are castle towers scattered around the realm, that hold Gems. There's a hidden moat with rock walls and walkways. The moat holds green swamp water. This moat has a few grates preventing moving forward, but one grate is broken, however, making an entrance through this grate, to a secret area possible. Through this broken grate will lead to a small castle that holds gems, and a whirlwind. This whirlwind leads to the most elevated castle tower in the realm, making it possible to glide to the other towers. Most of the ground in this realm is covered with grass.
At the end of the regular path, there will be an entrance to a big castle on the left. This castle is the area where Spyro fights Metalhead, but in the pathway to Metalhead is Sadiki. The first room where Spyro fights Metalhead is made out of stone and resembles the inside of a castle. The key strategy in this boss stage is to charge through the green poles; not the red poles (charging through the "red" results in a blunder hit; four blunder hits results in losing a life). After all of Metalhead's power poles are destroyed, the robot will run to the next room with power poles. The hallway to the next room is covered in dark rock and resembles a cave. The next room where Metalhead is fought is a massive, cave-like area. The walls are made up of jagged, dark rock, and the floors are made out of stone. Metalhead is standing in front of a castle entrance, and there is a waterfall. The floors are surrounded by swamp water. Once Metalhead is defeated, Spyro will be able to enter the castle Metalhead was in front of. The portal back to the Beast Makers homeworld is in here.
- Sadiki- Right before Metalhead
- This is one of the few levels where Spyro does not do his aerial backflip when he arrives.
- The music in this level resembles that of its homeworld's music.
- In some early builds, the level is called "BOSS", and it uses Stone Hill's music. Many sound effects are missing or altered from their final ones.
- In the NTSC-U version of the game, there were three red gems and a basket containing a green gem, located on a notoriously difficult ledge, within the building that contains the exit. It requires Spyro going up a whirlwind to a ledge, where he should try and glide to the difficult ledge. In the PAL Version, the gems and basket were moved to the ledge that Spyro gets to by whirlwind.
|Spyro the Dragon - Sparx the Dragonfly|
Fairies - Balloonists
Toasty - Doctor Shemp - Blowhard - Metalhead - Jacques - Egg Thieves
|Artisans - Peace Keepers - Magic Crafters - Beast Makers - Dream Weavers - Gnorc Gnexus|
|Stone Hill - Dark Hollow - Town Square - Dry Canyon - Cliff Town - Ice Cavern - Alpine Ridge|
High Caves - Wizard Peak - Terrace Village - Misty Bog - Tree Tops - Dark Passage - Lofty Castle
- Haunted Towers - Gnorc Cove - Twilight Harbour - Gnasty's Loot
|Sunny Flight - Night Flight - Crystal Flight - Wild Flight - Icy Flight|
|Toasty - Doctor Shemp - Blowhard - Metalhead - Jacques - Gnasty Gnorc|
|Dragons - Treasure - Dragon Eggs|