Midday Gardens is a world surrounded on one side by steadily-rising brown mountains and a dense forest on the other side. Rabbits are abundant here, both the intelligent kind and the fodder kind. Each large garden holds many different flowers during the spring and summer, with small cobblestone pathways leading visitors through each one. There are some small waterfalls and streams running through to provide water for the plants, as well as large trees and stone-built structures to shelter creatures from the sun. The grass here is always green, and many smooth river stones dot the banks. While the temperature here is a bit on the hot side, its subworlds are by far the most different compared to their core world.
As the name suggests, it resembles stately gardens in perpetual midday sun. "Midday" is part of Year of the Dragon's Homeworld naming scheme of times of day.
When visiting this homeworld, Spyro has to bring an ally from each of the respective realms to build the whirligig that will take Spyro to Evening Lake. The allies who help are Sgt. Byrd (Sgt. Byrd's Base), Doug (Icy Peak), Jasper (Enchanted Towers), Shiny (Spooky Swamp) and Sing Sing (Bamboo Terrace).
Midday Gardens introduces the Superflame power-up, similar to how Sunrise Spring introduced the Superfly power-up. At the Spooky Swamp portal, Hunter explains to Spyro how to climb. It also has plenty of fodder throughout, making this homeworld a good place for collecting lives.
- Icy Peak
- Enchanted Towers (Hit the target above the portal once with a lava rock supplied by Hunter or while using the superflame power-up to open it)
- Spooky Swamp (Unlocked when you have 25 Eggs)
- Bamboo Terrace (Unlocked when you have 30 Eggs)
- Country Speedway (Unlocked when you have 36 Eggs)
- Sgt. Byrd's Base (Unlocked when you pay 700 gems)
- Spike's Arena (Boss realm; unlocked after completing all five realms)
- Spider Town (Sparx bonus world; unlocked after completing Crawdad Farm and defeating Spike)
- Underwater egg (Dave): At the first lake, dive down. Under the bridge is an egg.
- Secret ice cave (Mingus): In the Icy Peak cave, there is a second passage to the left of the portal. Skate into it to find an egg.
- Catch the thief (Trixie): There is an Egg Thief running around the portal to Sgt. Byrd's Base. Catch him.
- Superflame the flowerpots (Matt): Superflame the four plant pots near the Bamboo Terrace portal. When you destroy all of them, the last one will contain the egg.
- Climb to the ledge (Modesty): Opposite Country Speedway is a climbable wall. Climb up onto a small ledge and find the egg.
Achievements & Trophies (Reignited Trilogy)
A Byrd in the Hand...
- Free Sgt. James Byrd.
- PS4: Silver Trophy
- XBOX One: 30G
One Small Step for Dragon...
- Launch the Transporter Whirligig.
- PS4: Gold Trophy
- XBOX One: 40G
It's possible to perform the swim in the air glitch to enter locked portals as well as to reach a hidden room in the homeworld. It involves jumping onto a rock next to the Superflame power-up, gliding towards the start of a nearby river, hovering, and then headbashing at just the right time. It can be difficult to achieve, as Spyro may instead just float on the water, or fall to his death depending on timing.
It is unknown what this secondary room could've been used for, but it might have previously housed the whirligig until it was ready to be used.
- While using the Superflame power-up, or if Spyro has a lava rock in his mouth, the egg thief near Sgt. Byrd's Base disappears, likely to prevent making that egg too easy to collect.
- While the level itself is called the "Midday Garden Home", the worlds associated with this level are referred as the "Midday Gardens Worlds" in the Atlas.
- The achievement / trophy name for launching the Whirligig is a reference to Neil Armstrong - an American astronaut - who was known for being the first human to step on the moon and ultimately uttering his famous quote:
- "One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind."
- Another achievement / trophy, earned in Evening Lake for launching the Rocket, is appropriately named ...One Giant Leap for Dragonkind.
- In the Transporter room, there are paintings found on the walls, each carrying a name, with "Parvinder" being one of them, written like a signature. This is the name of the mother of Reddit user TheChronoShadow, Parvinder Kaur Rai, who was battling metastatic breast cancer. TheChronoShadow requested to Toys For Bob in a Reddit post if they could put Parvinder’s name into the game. The developer generously fulfilled his request and added Parvinder’s name on the polar bear’s painting.