- “Thank you for releasing me, Spyro. Free 10 dragons in the Artisans World, then find the balloonist. He'll transport you to the next world.”
- “What about Gnasty Gnorc? I'm going after him!”
- “Find dragons first. That's all I can tell you.”
Nestor (ネスター=グリノマール Nesutā in Japanese) is a Dragon that first appears in Spyro the Dragon. He is the leader of the Artisans dragons in his homeworld, who had been turned into a crystal statue by Gnasty Gnorc and usually is the first dragon to be rescued by Spyro, since he is closest to Spyro's starting point. Once free, Nestor tells Spyro his objective to reach the Peace Keepers world, and firmly instructs the young dragon to find captive dragons first before going after Gnasty.
In the Spyro Reignited Trilogy, Nestor is a carpenter, and bears a strong resemblance to his original design. He wears a dark green vest linked with a golden necklance, holds a hammer in his right hand and has a tool satchel around his waist.
- Nestor is the only dragon whose dialogue cannot be skipped upon being freed.
- His dialogue in both pre-release demos and all known prototype versions was spoken a lot faster and a little different from the final: "Thank you for releasing me! Free the dragons in the Artisan's world, then seek out the balloonist; he'll transport you to the next world." and "That's all I can tell you."
- In the original game, Nestor shares the same character model as Nils, with the exception of both having different scaley underbellies.
- In the reveal trailer for the Spyro Reignited Trilogy, Nestor had a different character model that wore a turban and jewelry. He was eventually redesigned during development an unknown amount of times before being finalized. His old design featured in the Reignited reveal trailer notably received fan criticism for being a far cry from his original character design. It would eventually be used for Oswin’s redesign in the final version of Reignited, only slightly changed.
Fairies - Balloonists
Toasty - Doctor Shemp - Blowhard - Metalhead - Jacques - Egg Thieves
High Caves - Wizard Peak - Terrace Village - Misty Bog - Tree Tops - Dark Passage - Lofty Castle
- Haunted Towers - Gnorc Cove - Twilight Harbor - Gnasty's Loot