|This article is also viewed at the Skylanders Wiki.|
The Ruins is the main island hub world in the console versions of Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure. It is what remained of the island when the Core of Light was destroyed by Kaos. You come here after each level to upgrade the skills of your Skylanders (when unlocked), and complete Heroic Challenges (also needs to be unlocked).
As each of the components of the Core of Light is restored, the Ruins will change in appearance, becoming more lush and vibrant.
Prior to the events of Spyro's Adventure, the Ruins was once a vibrant living quarters to the legendary Portal Master Eon, his citadel, and the Skylanders. However, Kaos returned from his exile one day and destroyed the Core of Light; its destruction greatly ravaged the populace into its current namesake state; a shell of its former self. Once the new Portal Master and the Skylanders restored all of the Eternal Sources, the Core of Light was rebuilt and the Ruins grew back to its former self, but is still in ruins.
- Maître Eon
- Clam-tron 4000
- General Robot
- Weapon Master
- Pirate card Gillman (Wii only)
- Easy money collecting tips: each time you come back to the Ruins, towards the bottom of the area will be a bunch of brambles. Each time you attack a bramble, it gives you one coin. But be forewarned, this doesn't last forever. Hugo will eventually ask you to clear all the brambles, and after that, only a few will appear each time.
- Wii only: The Hidden Treasure item from the Pirate Seas expansion also works in the Ruins. After you've found the chest, talk to someone (some characters will not refresh it) and the chest will reappear in the same spot.
- Near the area where Arbo first appears there is a tower built out of multiple layers. Each layer has an elemental symbol on it and attacking it with a Skylander of the same element will cause the layer to disappear. When all the layers are gone, the top piece will explode, releasing money.
- After the Crystal Eye Castle level is completed, down by the beach will be a group of camped out Molekin. When you put out the fire, you will get 300 gold, if you light the fire again you will get 1 gold. The Molekin do not stay forever.
- You do not have full access to the Ruins when you first arrive, but you will unlock most parts soon after.
- If you use the Empire of Ice or Pirate Seas Adventure Packs prior to the Oilspill Island level, it will make the docks available to you so that you can access the levels, however, you cannot do the Lockmaster puzzle yet and Gurglefin will not be trapped in the cage. The same can happen with Dragon's Peak, and unlock Persephone's area before clearing Sky Schooner Docks. However, you cannot upgrade Skylanders.
- The first time you use an adventure pack in the Ruins, you will unlock a cutscene, but if you use the adventure pack for the first time inside a level, there wont be any cutscenes and the entrance to the adventure pack level will be in the Ruins.
- Most of the characters who take the Skylanders to certain levels, represent one of the Elements: Flynn (Air) Gurglefin (Water), Diggs (Earth and Fire), Arbo(Life), General Robot (Tech), T-Bone (Undead), Weapon Master (Magic).
- When a Skylander walks up the stairs from the beach to the plateau, the torches light up in their corresponding element’s color. Magic Skylanders produce purple flames, Air Skylanders trigger light blue, Earth Skylanders make them burn green, and so on. Elemental torches also exist at the top of the bluff in the Ruins and react to each Skylander’s element.
- Each Winged Sapphire appears in a place next to an area that takes you to another part of Skylands. One sapphire next to the cage Gurglefin was trapped in, one sapphire is in a hole you need to bust open next to Diggs and the train, etc.
- Ghost Roaster is the only Skylander that can die in the Ruins due to his health draining Ectoplasm Mode.
- (Wii Only) There is a trick to get a lot of money in the Ruins. Using the Treasure Chest from Pirate Seas, find the treasure, then talk to Persephone. Upon exiting from the upgrade menu, the chest comes back in exactly the same place you found it before.
- When you look to the sky next to Persephone you will see a strange creature similar to an anomalocaris.