|This article is about the realm in Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!. You may be looking for the enemy or the pit, both of whom appeared in Year of the Dragon.|
Scorch (ホットハタビアン in Japanese) is a realm that appeared in Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!, set in a Middle Eastern style desert palace. Two children secret agents named Handel and Greta have lost contact with each other, and it is Spyro's job to reunite the siblings with one another so they can complete their "super secret mission".
The scene opens, showing Handel and Greta, trying to infiltrate the castle. However, a lollipop is shown, and Handel, not being able to stop himself, glides to the lollipop. Greta sees this, and flees as the guards arrive. Handel is still biting on the lollipop, as a guard laughs at him.
The scene opens showing Handel and Greta surrounded in the tower by the guards. They guards approach them, their weapons drawn. Handel and Greta look at each other, and slowly touch each other's hand. They then look back at the camera, with their eyes red and vicious. The guards back up, fearfully. Orbs of light are then shown in Handel and Greta's hands. They then throw them at two of the guards, as they are blown out of the tower.
Intro and Extro Video
Barrel of Monkeys
- If you find some steps to the left after you rise the first flag and open the door, and go up them you'll notice palm trees and some have monkeys in them. When you move the camera around you'll see Hunter holding a barrel when you walk up to him he'll say that the monkeys have escaped from the Avalar Zoo. Follow Hunter and charge the tree he stops by and a monkey will fall into the barrel. (But do it fast before a monkey throws a coconut at Hunter). After you get all the monkeys Hunter will give you an orb, claiming that one of the monkeys had it. If you talk to him a second time he will ask, "Were those monkeys or apes?"
Capture the flags
- If you go to the top of the castle after you got Greta back in, go up some steps and at the top will be Handel saying they need the flags to prove their mission was successful but Bombo the Flagkeeper kept stealing the flags. You need to get the superflame power-up active first (20 enemies required). Bombo will be atop of the flagpole that lowered the bridge. Aim and then shoot at him to get him down, follow Bombo back to Handel and he'll drop the flag. Do this repeatedly until you have every flag. After all 3 flags are back Handel will give you an orb he found in the sand. (Difficulty: ★★★★★)
|Scorch (Part 1) - Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!||Scorch (Part 2) - Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!|
- Scorch is paired with Shady Oasis. An early name for the realm, found in the code for the demo, was "Scorch Dunes", and Shady Oasis was to be called "Scorch Oasis."
- If you look on the back panel of a physical copy of the game, you'll notice that one of the pictures shows Spyro using the supercharge power-up in this level, suggesting that it was intended to be the level's original power-up instead of the superflame.
- It is possible to skip through most of the level with the double jump glitch. Spyro can do this by double jumping to the area on the upper right side of the first flag pole, then double jump at the other end of the area into the castle. Once he is in, he cannot get back out unless he has raised the third flagpole first.
- The background to Scorch visible in its portal uses brown dunes, whereas the level itself has the correct yellow. This was fixed in the PAL version.
- By counting all the levels within the entire trilogy, including Speedways, Bosses and Homeworlds, Scorch marks as the halfway point.
- Even after Hunter's Barrel of Monkeys challenge is completed, the monkeys will keep re-spawning in the trees and continue to throw coconuts at Spyro.