As the name implies, it is the home realm of the second playable side character of the game, Sgt. James Byrd. Completion of this realm will unlock his sub-levels in Molten Crater, Enchanted Towers, and Charmed Ridge.
When Sgt. Byrd returns to his base, he is informed by the hummingbirds that the base is under the attack of Rhynocs. Many Hummingbirds have been captured by the Rhynocs and locked in cages, and it is up to Sgt. Byrd to release them and rid the base of the enemy.
- Clear the Building (RyanLee): Follow Cpt. Gabrielle outside and defeat the Rhynocs.
- Clear the Caves (Sigfried): Destroy the doors and caves. Cpl. Gabrielle will give you this egg after arriving near the weight-operated door.
- Rescue 5 Hummingbirds (Roy): Free all five Hummingbirds from their cages. They can be freed by simply flying in front of them.
Bomb the Gophers: There are gophers around the base who hide in small holes when you land on the ground and get too close. These can be hit by using the bombs located outside, and once all of them have been hit, a Skill Point is awarded.
- Sgt. James Byrd (playable)
|Sgt. Byrd's Base - Spyro: Year of the Dragon|
- The names of two of the hatched dragon are references to Siegfried and Roy, the famous magician duo who were also known to have performed with White Tigers.
- Interestingly enough one of the two dragons is called "Sigfried" instead of "Siegfried". It's unclear if this is a mistake or not.
- If you manage to enter Sgt. Byrd's base without freeing him, then complete it, the Tiki Lodge in Molten Crater is unlocked, and Sgt. Byrd is playable in Enchanted Towers, though the signs still say that he is locked up. This is also true with Sheila's Alp and Bentley's Outpost.
- This is the only rebel realm in the game that has lava.