- “Armed and Dangerous!”
- —Slam Bam's official catchphrase
His Series 1 figure is available only in the Empire of Ice Adventure Pack, while his Series 2 figure is available in a single pack. Slam Bam also has a Legendary counterpart called Legendary Slam Bam, who is available in a Legendary pack with Legendary Ignitor and Legendary Jet-Vac. He also has a summer counterpart called Surfer Slam Bam who is only available on June 2013 on Skylanders: Lost Islands.
Slam Bam can be a little frosty with folks he doesn't know, but soon thaws over time. Get on his bad side, however, and the polar pugilist will knock you out cold.
Slam Bam lived alone on a floating glacier in a remote region of Skylands, where he spent his time ice surfing, eating snow cones, and his only friends were his many beautiful ice sculptures. It was a peaceful life, until Kaos destroyed the glacier, stranding Slam Bam on an iceberg that drifted through the skies for days. He awoke on Eon’s Island, where he was taken in and trained to become a Skylander. Now his ice sculptures serve as a frosty prison for any evil-doer that gets in his way, and provide a key ingredient for delicious snow cones.
This four-armed Yeti once lived a blissful, solitary life on a floating glacier. Here, he surfed the snowy slopes, studied ice sculptures and slurped his way through several squillion sensational snow cones. But an evil eye looked upon his every move. Kaos watched jealously for a glimpse of the secret ingredient that made Slam Bam's snow cones so sweet. When that didn't work, Kaos had the glacier destroyed. Little did Kaos know that it was a simple peppermint twist that gave the cones their extra kick. If only he'd thought asking.
Now homeless, Slam Bam drifted on a small floating iceberg. After several days, he hit land, which luckily happened to be Master Eon's island. One serious conversation and several snow cones later, Eon suggested Slam Bam to become a Skylander. So he did.
Skylanders: Gill Grunt and the Curse of the Fish Master
As the Skylanders finished repairing the walls of the Eternal Archives, Slam Bam was mentioned as one of the Skylanders present during its restoration. Gill Grunt was about to sing a song about their accomplishment, and Slam Bam quickly encased himself in a block of ice to muffle the noise of the Gillman's horrible singing.
Skylanders: Eruptor Meets the Nightmare King
Slam Bam accompanied Eruptor and Grim Creeper as part of a mission to answer a call of help in The Frozen Seas. After saving an exedition camp from a group of Cyclopses lead by Bloodshot, he and the two other Skylanders came upon a tunnel that lead to what remained of a frozen kingdom. Upon seeing another clone of Eruptor frozen in ice, Master Eon appeared and explained that the kingdom belonged to King Nefarion, a wicked being who terrorized Skylands with the Mask of Power. The old Portal Master further explained that Eruptor Eruptor will eventually go back in time and become frozen in ice. Suddenly, strange changes began to occur, as Kaos had made his way to the past and began changing history. Before their eyes, Professor Splinters morphed into a servant of Kaos, affected by the time change, and Master Eon quickly teleported them to safety.
Once at Eon's Citadel, Master Eon explained that Kaos went back in time using Nefarion's coin Bloodshot stole and was able to change the past. With Master Eon's help, Eruptor, Grim Creeper and Slam Bam were transported to the distant past when Nefarion reigned over Skylands to stop Kaos.
Skylanders: Spyro's AdventureSlam Bam was one of the Skylanders who assembled when Kaos and The Darkness approached Eon's Island. The yeti participated in the battle against Kaos and his minions along with some of the other Skylanders to protect the Core of Light. He was seen holding a Cyclops Chopper by the neck, before he, Gill Grunt, and Trigger Happy looked up in surprise at the sight of the Hydra appearing and destroying the Core. Slam Bam, along with the other Skylanders, were then banished from Skylands to Earth, where he was turned into a toy and awaited the new Portal Master to help him save Skylands.
Slam Bam has the ability to create ice sculptures to trap his enemies in and slow them down. He can also battle opponents with his powerful four fists.
These are the starting and maximum statistics for this Skylander in the console version of the games.
- Health: 310 (max. 620)
- Speed: 35 (max. 83)
- Armor: 30 (max. 60+40)
- Critical Hit: 10 (max. 60)
- Elemental Power: 25 (max. 100)
Warning: These stats are not used in any of the Skylander games. They are only listed for completeness reasons.
- Strength: 85
- Agility: 40
- Defense: 85
- Luck: 35
Powers and Upgrades
| Basic Abilities|
Like all Water Skylanders, Slam Bam can swim, but uses a surfboard to navigate through the water.
| Soul Gem Ability|
Requires Soul Gem from:
Empire of Ice
|Yeti Fists||Ice Prison||Yeti-Cooling Factor|
Skylanders can buy new abilities from Persephone.
|Three's A Charm||Arctic Explosion||Yeti Ice Shoe Slide||Ice Knuckles|
This upgrade path lets Slam Bam further develop his Yeti Fists attacks.
|Brawler Combos||Ice Mace||Blizzard Battle Armor|
This upgrade path lets Slam Bam further develop his Ice Prison attacks.
|Deep Chill Ice Coffin||Glacier Tactics||Work of Ice Art|
Skylanders gain new abilities automatically based on their level.
- Chilled Punch (Primary Attack): Pound enemies with your icy fists.
- Ice Pillar (Secondary Attack): Summon a pillar of ice from the ground. The pillar will damage nearby enemies with its energies. It will also block enemy shots.
- Snowblower (requires level: 3): Summon Ice Pillar (X), then smash it with (Y) to send a freezing cloud at Slam Bam's enemies.
- Speed Skate (requires level: 7): Summon an Ice Pillar (X), then Sprint (A) into it. After smashing through the pillar, Slam Bam will move faster and damage nearby enemies while he sprints.
- Land Slam (requires level: 9): Press (Y), (Y), (Y), then press (Y) repeatedly to pummel the ground and damage nearby enemies.
Skylanders get special abilities in minigames based on their element.
|Sky Defense||Castle Assault||Ground Defense|
Freeze enemies in range so they cannot move for a certain time.
Launch a projectile that splits the projectile in three ice spikes.
Freeze enemies in range so they can't move for a certain time.
- "Armed and Dangerous!"
- "You got slammed!"
- "Did it!"
- "Going up!" - When using bounce pad
- "Ooh! Shiny things!" - when opening a treasure chest
- "I don't like numbers." - When checking Stats Info
- "Lookin good, I think..." - When checking Stats info
- "Slammin hat!" - When given a hat
- "Not bad, hope it fits." - When given a hat
- "Is that better than Slam Bam?" - when given a Nickname
- "Uhm... Okay what you want..." - when given a Nickname
- "Kaos!" - from The Beginning Trailer.
- "Stump Smash, drop the hammer!"
- "Yeah, and guess what else? Bigfoot's got big feet. Come on, the Giants are just a myth." - Giants E3 2012 Trailer
- "Probably petting a unicorn at the end of a rainbow."
- Slam Bam's prototype toy form resembles more like a gorilla.
- While Slam Bam's eyes are yellow in his toy form and his promotional art, his eyes are light blue in the console game of Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure and Universe, however, he still seems to have yellow eyes in the 3DS version and in every version of Skylanders: Giants.
- He is the second playable Yeti, after Bentley, in the Spyro franchise.
- Slam Bam travels across the water by surfing on an ice board.
- In his toy form, his blue body is translucent.
- Unlike the other Water Skylanders, Slam Bam and Thumpback's base actually has two splashes instead of one.
- He and Chill are the only Skylanders to have ice attacks.
- Upon upgrading, Slam Bam will equip spikey armor.
- In his Series 2 toy form, Slam Bam wears silver spiky armor. However, in the game, his armor is translucent blue with a snowflake icon on the front while his toy form doesn't.
- Slam Bam and Chill are the only Water Skylanders not to have any references to creatures that live near or inhabit the water. Gill Grunt and Zap have fins and originate from the ocean, and Wham-Shell is based on a crustacean.
- Though it could be argued that in some pictures with his mouth open and his toy form, his mouth slightly resembles a cookie cutter shark.
- He resembles the Ben 10 character Fourarms and the Killer Instinct character Glacius, as well as Goro and Subzero from Mortal Kombat.
- He is the only Skylander with more than two arms and the first to have more than four limbs (the second is Wash Buckler and the third is Spy Rise).
- A Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit DLC, Armed and Dangerous, shares the same name as Slam Bam's catchphrase.
- If not counting the Swap Force, Slam Bam is the third Skylander with four in-game forms (Series 1, Series 2, Legendary and Surfer). The first is Spyro (Series 1, Series 2, Dark and Legendary) and the second is Pop Fizz (Normal, LightCore, Punch and Hoppity).
- He is also the second Skylander to have three different versions of himself available in Lost Islands (the first is Spyro).
|Spyro - Sparx - Hunter - Sgt Byrd - Agent 9 - Sheila - Bentley - Blink|
|The Legend of Spyro series|
|Spyro - Cynder|
|Spyro the Dragon (Dark) (Legendary) - Gill Grunt - Trigger Happy (Legendary) - Cynder - Terrafin|
Stealth Elf (Legendary) - Chop Chop (Legendary) - Eruptor - Ignitor (Legendary) - Prism Break - Stump Smash
Flameslinger - Zap - Ghost Roaster - Voodood - Bash (Legendary) - Sonic Boom
- Drobot - Boomer - Whirlwind (Polar) - Dino-Rang - Zook - Wrecking Ball - Sunburn - Camo
Wham-Shell - Slam Bam (Legendary) - Drill Sergeant - Lightning Rod - Warnado -
Double Trouble (Royal) - Hex