Sunken Ruins is a realm in the Lost Cities homeworld in Spyro: A Hero's Tail. It is a sunken city complete with aquatic creatures and enemy aquatic Gnorcs. The state of the hidden city is in disarray, but statues show its ancient history was not that of Dragons, but of Gnorcs. It is accessible via a green lift/elevator in the western part of Coastal Remains. It also has a few elements of Ancient Greek architecture.
It also features the invincibility powerup, which you can activate once you have at least 24 Light Gems.
- Ember: In a chest near the Atlantican Entryway
- Ember: At the top of the room with the four Whirlwind panels.
- Sparx: Complete Outlandish Inlet in Easy Mode
- Character Viewer: In a chest in the room with the spitting fish statues
- Character Viewer: In a chest on a ledge in one of the two rooms connected by acid water
- Flame: On a high ledge in the room with the Outlandish Inlet sign. Requires Wall Kick.
Dark Gem Locations
- After the Atlantican Entryway, there is a room with four Whirlwind panels. Smash the Dark Gem in the center of the room.
- On a ledge in one of the two rooms connected by acid water
- On a plate held by a Gnorc statue in the Toxic Rise. Headbash all the switches in that room to bring the statue out of the acid water first.
Light Gem Locations
- In a chest at the top of the room with the four Whirlwind panels.
- In a chest near Lily.
- In a hidden room near the first Invincibility Gadget. You'll need to swim through the acid water to reach it.
- Complete Outlandish Inlet in Hard Mode
- In the room with the spitting fish statues
- In the underground acid tunnel that connects two rooms together.
- In a chest in the Toxic Rise
- In a chest in the room with the floating fan near the Atlantican Entryway.
- At one point, Sparx will break the fourth wall by saying "I'm so good, this game should be called 'Sparx the Dragonfly'!"
- This level may be a reference to Atlantis, which is a mythical city that was lost beneath the waves.
|Spyro the Dragon - Hunter the Cheetah|
Sparx the Dragonfly - Sgt. James Byrd - Blink the Mole
|Red (Mecha Form)|
Gnasty Gnorc - Ineptune - Mammoth
|Amp - Aqua - Astor - Bentley the Yeti - Ember - Flame - Fredneck - Freezia - Ice Princess - Lily - Magnus|
- Mergatroids - Moneybags - Mother Turtle - Mrs. Shoutfire - Otto - Peggy - Phil - Professor - Teena - Titan
- Tomas - Trina - Wally - Zoe
|Dragon Kingdom - Lost Cities - Icy Wilderness - Volcanic Isle|
Dragon Village - Crocovile Swamp - Dragonfly Falls - Coastal Remains - Cloudy Domain - Sunken Ruins
- Frostbite Village - Gloomy Glacier - Ice Citadel - Stormy Beach - Molten Mount - Magma Falls - Dark Mine
- Red's Lab
|Gnasty's Cave - Watery Tomb - Red's Chamber - Red's Lair|
|Island Speedway - Cloudy Speedway - Iceberg Aerobatics - Lava Palaver|
|Gems - Dark Gems - Light Gems - Dragon Eggs|