A Supercharge was a part of Spyro's special moves in the original Spyro series. It is an improved version of the basic charge attack, enabling Spyro to run faster and jump higher should he charge off certain platforms.
In both Spyro the Dragon and Spyro: Year of the Dragon, Spyro performs the Supercharge by charging across special ramps that show glowing arrows. In the Reignited Trilogy, as well as granting the ability to supercharge, Spyro's spines glow neon yellow upon collecting three blue orbs during the boss battle with Ripto. In Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!, Spyro may also perform the Supercharge by running through a supercharge power gate. In Spyro: A Hero's Tail, Spyro glows yellow when he steps into the Supercharge gadget instead of running his legs in circular motion while charging fast.
Supercharge can be used to:
- Defeat large enemies wearing armor
- Break open locked chests or metal chests
- Break open certain doors
- Catch up with thieves
- Defeat metalback spiders
- Gain a generous amount of height or distance when charging off of the end of a ramp
- On the back of the case of Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!, Spyro is seen performing the Supercharge in Scorch. However, there is no point in the stage where Spyro is able to obtain the Supercharge power up.
- It is possible that this was an early ability in said level.
- In Spyro the Dragon, increasing in speed will change the colour of the smoke that Spyro is emitting. Specifically, the smoke behind Spyro changes from white to yellow, orange, and finally red.
- In early builds of the first Spyro game, as well as the Japanese version, the Supercharge is referred to as the "Superdash."
Fairies - Balloonists
Toasty - Doctor Shemp - Blowhard - Metalhead - Jacques - Egg Thieves
High Caves - Wizard Peak - Terrace Village - Misty Bog - Tree Tops - Dark Passage - Lofty Castle
- Haunted Towers - Gnorc Cove - Twilight Harbor - Gnasty's Loot
Bianca the Rabbit - Spirit - Zoe
Crush - Gulp
Dragon Masters - Rodtikiney - Pigs - Professors - Thieves - Yetis
Dragonfly Dojo - Crop Circle Country - Luau Island - Cloud 9 - Monkey Monastery
Honey Marsh - Thieves Den - Jurassic Jungle - Chateau Ripto
Sparx the Dragonfly - Sgt. Byrd - Blink the Mole
Gnasty Gnorc - Ineptune - Mammoth
- Mergatroids - Moneybags - Mrs. Shoutfire - Otto - Peggy - Phil - Professor - Teena - Titan
- Tomas - Trina - Turtle Mother - Wally - Zoe
Dragon Village - Crocovile Swamp - Dragonfly Falls - Coastal Remains - Cloudy Domain - Sunken Ruins
- Frostbite Village - Gloomy Glacier - Ice Citadel - Stormy Beach - Molten Mount - Magma Falls - Dark Mine
- Red's Lab