A Supercharge was a part of Spyro's special moves in the original Spyro series. It is basically an improved version of the basic charge attack, only it enables Spyro to run faster and be able to jump higher if he runs off certain platforms.
In both Spyro the Dragon and Spyro: Year of the Dragon, Spyro performs the Supercharge by charging across special ramps that show glowing arrows. In Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!, Spyro performs the Supercharge by running through a Supercharge Power Gate. In Spyro: A Hero's Tail, Spyro glows yellow when he steps into the Supercharge gadget instead of running his legs in circular motion while charging fast.
Supercharge can be needed to:
- Defeat large enemies wearing armor
- Break open locked chests or metal chests
- Break open certain doors
- Catch up with thieves
- Travel long distances when going off the end of a ramp
- Defeat metalback spiders
- Gain a generous amount of height when going off the end of a ramp ("and really explore the 'high caves'." as Cedric the elder dragon would say.
- On the back of the case of Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!, Spyro is seen performing the Supercharge in Scorch. However, there is no point in the stage where Spyro is able to obtain the Supercharge power up.
- It is possible that this was an early ability in said level.
- In the original Spyro trilogy, the faster you charge, the smoke behind Spyro changes from normal to yellow, to orange, and finally red.
- In early demos for the first Spyro game as well as the Japanese version, the Supercharge is referred to as the "Superdash."
|Spyro the Dragon - Sparx the Dragonfly|
Fairies - Balloonists
Toasty - Doctor Shemp - Blowhard - Metalhead - Jacques - Egg Thieves
|Artisans - Peace Keepers - Magic Crafters - Beast Makers - Dream Weavers - Gnorc Gnexus|
|Stone Hill - Dark Hollow - Town Square - Dry Canyon - Cliff Town - Ice Cavern - Alpine Ridge|
High Caves - Wizard Peak - Terrace Village - Misty Bog - Tree Tops - Dark Passage - Lofty Castle
- Haunted Towers - Gnorc Cove - Twilight Harbour - Gnasty's Loot
|Sunny Flight - Night Flight - Crystal Flight - Wild Flight - Icy Flight|
|Toasty - Doctor Shemp - Blowhard - Metalhead - Jacques - Gnasty Gnorc|
|Dragons - Treasure - Dragon Eggs|
|Spyro the Dragon - Sparx the Dragonfly - Hunter the Cheetah|
Bianca the Rabbit - Spirit - Zoe
Crush - Gulp
|Alligator Farmers - Bartholomew - Bears - Dragons - Dragonflies - Moneybags - Monkey Monks|
Rodtikiney - Pigs - Professors - Thieves - Yetis
Dragonfly Dojo - Crop Circle Country - Luau Island - Cloud 9 - Monkey Monastery
Honey Marsh - Thieves Den - Jurassic Jungle - Chateau Ripto
|Dragonflies - Gems|
|Spyro the Dragon - Hunter the Cheetah|
Sparx the Dragonfly - Sgt. James Byrd - Blink the Mole
|Red (Mecha Form)|
Gnasty Gnorc - Ineptune - Mammoth
|Amp - Aqua - Astor - Bentley the Yeti - Ember - Flame - Fredneck - Freezia - Ice Princess - Lily - Magnus|
- Mergatroids - Moneybags - Mother Turtle - Mrs. Shoutfire - Otto - Peggy - Phil - Professor - Teena - Titan
- Tomas - Trina - Wally - Zoe
|Dragon Kingdom - Lost Cities - Icy Wilderness - Volcanic Isle|
Dragon Village - Crocovile Swamp - Dragonfly Falls - Coastal Remains - Cloudy Domain - Sunken Ruins
- Frostbite Village - Gloomy Glacier - Ice Citadel - Stormy Beach - Molten Mount - Magma Falls - Dark Mine
- Red's Lab
|Gnasty's Cave - Watery Tomb - Red's Chamber - Red's Lair|
|Island Speedway - Cloudy Speedway - Iceberg Aerobatics - Lava Palaver|
|Gems - Dark Gems - Light Gems - Dragon Eggs|