|This article is about the character from the Spyro the Dragon game. You may be looking for the character from Spyro: A Hero's Tail.|
- “Hey, Spyro, press the jump button twice to glide and... and don't be afraid.”
- “Afraid? Of what?”
- “Falling from high mountain peaks? Plummeting into pre-historic glaciers?”
- “Oh... that.”
In the Spyro Reignited Trilogy, Tomas is a bard with a lute. He also wears a bard's hat and has a cape attached by a crystal on the chest.
After being turned into crystal by Gnasty Gnorc, Tomas was rescued by Spyro in the Artisans Homeworld. He taught the young dragon (and the player) how to glide. He also told Spyro not to be afraid of falling off mountains and such, even though the young dragon was not afraid.
Tomas has later turned into crystal again after attempting to confront Gnasty Gnorc along with several other dragons, and Spyro saved him, yet again, at Gnorc Cove.
- Tomas was originally named Silvus in the earliest demo for Spyro the Dragon.
- Silvus's dialogue was a little different from Tomas': "Press the jump button twice to glide, and... and don't be afraid. and Falling from high mountain peaks, plummeting into prehistoric glaciers, crashing through..."
- In the June 1998 Prototype, in Gnorc Cove, Tomas' statue disappears immediately upon collection - he does not yet have an animation.
- Upon being rescued for the second time at Gnorc Cove, Tomas initially doubted Spyro's abilities but quickly backtracks to saying that he always believed in him to which Spyro replies, You gotta believe!. This is an obvious homage to PaRappa the Rapper which released a year prior to Spyro the Dragon.
- In the original game, Tomas shares the same character model as Oswin and Thor.
- Coincidentally, both Tomas' and Thor's names in the internal list of dragon names are out of place when compared to the other dragons in their levels. No other dragons follow this trend, and it is suggested that Thor was originally called Tomas, leaving Tomas with the name Silvus - this fixes the issue with the order of the names.
|Spyro the Dragon - Sparx the Dragonfly|
Fairies - Balloonists
Toasty - Doctor Shemp - Blowhard - Metalhead - Jacques - Egg Thieves
|Artisans - Peace Keepers - Magic Crafters - Beast Makers - Dream Weavers - Gnorc Gnexus|
|Stone Hill - Dark Hollow - Town Square - Dry Canyon - Cliff Town - Ice Cavern - Alpine Ridge|
High Caves - Wizard Peak - Terrace Village - Misty Bog - Tree Tops - Dark Passage - Lofty Castle
- Haunted Towers - Gnorc Cove - Twilight Harbour - Gnasty's Loot
|Sunny Flight - Night Flight - Crystal Flight - Wild Flight - Icy Flight|
|Toasty - Doctor Shemp - Blowhard - Metalhead - Jacques - Gnasty Gnorc|
|Dragons - Treasure - Dragon Eggs|