Zephyr (スライムランチ: Slime Ranch) is a realm in Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!, found in the Autumn Plains. It is the realm of the Land Blubbers—large, fat, slug-like creatures who have a fierce rivalry with the Breezebuilder birds of Breeze Harbor (possibly based on the relationship of real life birds and bugs). The two sides are currently engaged in epic battle and while the Breeze Builders bombard the realm with artillery, Spyro must join the Land Blubber Military Ranks and fight through Breeze Builder forces to blow up their ammunition building.
Zephyr is one of the few realms in the series to contain a "?" Jar.
Cowlek corral I
- A certain Land Blubber named Little Bo Peep has lost her Cowleks (which look like a cross between a cow an elephant and a giraffe), and with all the battles going they're too scared to come back. Locate the Cowleks and lure them back to the Pen by Flaming and Charging them. Once you get five of them back Little Bo Peep will give you an Orb for the effort.
Cowlek corral II
- There are still 2 more Cowleks out there, and these ones are REALLY far away. Use the Superflame Powerup to get them out of chasms and up cliffs. Get all of them and Little Bo Peep will give you another Orb.
Sowing seeds I
- The Professor has been testing out a special seed that grows huge when planted. Start planting the seed a few times and once you reach a high platform the Professor will give you an Orb for the effort. The Professor will than give you 2 more seeds.
Sowing seeds II
- A Land Blubber named Romeo has been dreaming of his darling Breezebuilder Juliet forever. Use the seeds the Professor gave you to reach the high platform Juliet is on. Juliet will ask where Romeo is (she acts like she is not talking to Spyro when doing this), then she will give Spyro an Orb, saying she doesn't need it anymore. Juliet will fly down in circles and meet up with Romeo. This is, of course, based on "Romeo and Juliet" because the two species are enemies. Fortunately, neither one dies in the game, but it's possible that they both have since died.
Sgt. Tub is shown on a cannon, firing at a Breeze Builder Chick in the air, who continues dodging his blows. He continues firing, until someone taps him on his shoulder. He turns around and comes face to face with a Breezebuilder Parrot. The Breeze Builder opens Tub's mouth and throws a bomb inside, forcing him to swallow it, before walking away. Nothing happens at first, but then seconds later, the bomb explodes inside his stomach, making him cough up smoke.
A Land Blubber is seen holding a box of birdseed. He pours some down, and then walks off screen. A Breezebuilder Parrot sees the feed, flies down, and happily starts eating. Suddenly, a cannon appears before the Breezebuilder, who looks at it curiously. The cannon fires, and the Breezebuilder is shown all black, and his feathers stick up. He blinks.
Intro and Closing Video
- Zephyr is paired with Breeze Harbor. An early name for the realm, found in the code for the demo, was "Zephyr Meadows," and Breeze Harbor was to be called "Zephyr Harbor."
- Romeo and Juliet are obviously based off the characters of the same name in the play Romeo and Juliet, which is arguably Shakespeare's best-known work.
- Zephyr and Magma Cone only need two Spirit Particles to activate their Powerups, the lowest of any level besides Metropolis, which only needs one.
- The realm's name came from Zephyr, the Greek god of west wind.
- Also, in the Ratchet & Clank series, there is a character named Zephyr. He is a warbot, and is good friends with Cronk and Talwyn Apogee.
- The background in this realm is very similar to Robotica Farms. It is also very similar to Stone Hill.
- Zephyr is one of only two worlds in the game to keep their English name in more than one non-English versions, with the other being Hurricos.
- When you speak to Romeo after freeing Juliet, he says they are taking their honeymoon in Colossus Springs. This was a prototype name for Idol Springs.
- This was fixed in the Reignited Trilogy where Romeo now calls it Idol Springs.
- If Spyro talks to Moneybags a second time after paying him to activate the portal to Zephyr, he reveals that he supplied the Breezebuilders with their weapons, saying, "Those darn birds in Zephyr never paid me for all the bombs and TNT barrels I gave them..."